1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 First Time Ducati Owner!

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Brom66, Nov 10, 2016.

1. As title !

Any pros and cons that the Panigale can throw at me that I should be aware of ?

2. Welcome! If you looking to track it, stick with standard cans!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pros - it goes like stink and looks fantastic whilst doing it

Cons - you can lose your license because of how fast it goes ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pros- it is amazing

Cons- because they are so amazing, people like to steal them!

5. I take it db is loud enough with standard cans, but at around £3/3k for Termignoni/Akrapovics !!

6. ( never had one but ) baptisim by fire..

7. Welcome, try to keep the bulk of your license points.

8. I had 899 and plenty loud enough, lots of info on here with regards to Pani's and Akros and termis having trouble with track noise limits. I believe "standard" equipped bikes get an exemption

9. Pros it's bloody great. Best bike I've ever owned. It comes with a warranty.

Cons it can be bloody annoying when it acts fine one day, weird the next. The warranty will run out one day.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. Yeah I have to say I'm a little worried for owners that fall out of warranty. Seems a few LCD Dashes have failed too.

I'd suggest getting an additional years warranty if you think you'll own it that long.

11. If it is of a certain age I have been told you cannot extend the warranty?

108dB standard, so plenty load enough.

12. Yes,1299 with Akras and U.K. Tracks don't mix :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Bikes registered before 1/1/16 can't get it. You had until end of September to by it retrospectively at £849 for the 1299.

My bike was registered ten days too early.

14. Got until Wednesday to buy 2 years extended warranty, date of delivery, although warranty is available in 2 years with a aftermarket company so I was informed !!

15. Warranty direct wouldn't give me a quote for my 1299.

16. I get the pleasure of dealing with those so called warranty companies.

I wouldn't recommend them unless you enjoy a challenge should something go wrong.

My extended warranty on my hypermotard is a Ducati one.

• Like Like x 1
  17. As mentioned, if there is the slightest chance you will keep it for more than two years , buy the Ducati warranty. If you actually ride the bike ( out of your garage on a Sunday to polish does not count) , there is an extremely high chance you will need it.

The warranty is with the bike , not the owner & hence transferable, a great selling point & extra value when you chop it in (IMO).

I could not find an aftermarket warranty to cover the panigale, so I will be interested to know which one ( Waranty direct is a no no as mentioned by @burndownthediscos ).

Owners who did manage to get WD cover in the early days have also been stung by the small print. ( I remember reading it on this forum - maybe @yev - or another forum member can comment/correct me).

18. I have 1299s with full Akra and checked at Brands Hatch the other day and it was 105db with db killers.
    As far as i remember Donington was 105.4db limit.
    That was the only UK track i will get in.

19. Thanks. I'll look into Donington next year. Bit of a mission for me though but could be worth the effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Donnington have noisy days where they don't test, but are (from memory) listed as 108dB days. With the original Ducati exhaust you can still make a 108dB racket and get out on most tracks. So far I've broken the static test limit at Bedford, Silverstone, and Oulton Park and still been allowed out to play.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information