1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fitting Garmin To 1200r

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Oly, Jan 20, 2017.

1. ive read a few threads but was interested to
    Know how folk fit sat navs to the 1200r
    I would like to position it centrally but the damper gets on the way of using the handle bar clamp bolts.
    Are there any new ways of fitting .

2. Not quite the same, but I fitted by phone holder onto the steering damper. when you turn, it stays pretty horizontal. Also, it doesn't block the view of the speedo

3. I took Ian's advice and also fitted a damper mounted phone holder (Tigra). I expect a sat nav could sit here nicely also. (I'm thinking of Maybe a GoPro also or may go off the front fork)...,
    Anyhow, it's Central and when you turn bars it moves slowely with the damper to stay pretty much centrally aligned... and not a bad angle whilst still giving good view of the clock and clearing the keyhole!

However I've a few trips planned this year and thinking of going down a small 5-10L tank bag route to fit a tyre repair kit, water, few bits etc as well as get one with a map pocket or phone/GPS).

IMG_6519.JPG

#3 flatairbag, Jan 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. How does it fasten to the damper?
    Would it hold the weight of a garmin/
    Tom tom?
    Also the garmin has a
    Big plastic box on the power lead, is there anywhere to hide it when wiring it up?

5. Can't find my original post - but the holder I bought was like this
    TiGRA BikeCONSOLE Bike Handlebar Mount only for iPhone 5 Case (sku 16361) - BuyBits.com

I'm sure there are similar with a connector for your Garmin. I added in a bit of foam around the steering damper to get a better fit. (I also had another on my mountain bike, so I can swap between the two quite easily)

It also means you can safely and quickly remove your Garmin and take with you.

Theres also this thread which might help
    http://ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/anybody-fitted-a-satnav-to-a-1200r-yet.45511/

6. Ian's last link is the one you should read. Great charging supply.
    Tigra mounts excellent.

Also consider a Ram ball mount that you can screw into one of the steering bracket M8 bolts....v good

• Like Like x 1
  7. Won't that foul the damper? Maybe put a ram ball in one of the handlebar clamp bolts, and position sat nav over the damper??

8. I personally didn't want my phone changing orientation as I sterred. As I have mine attached to the steering damper, it's moved slightly but stays horizontal. No issue with it affecting hoe the damper works

Do Not Sell My Personal Information