1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Flapper Valve Removal

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Pavey, Dec 16, 2016.

1. I did mine successfully and now i believe:

1) The fuel economy is better, i seem to have to fill up less.
    2) It's lumpier below 3000 revs (used to be this way before i put the correct map on it, then removed the valve - probably suggests the map is now wrong again)
    3) The inside of my left calf gets much hotter.

Could the above points be true or am i imagining one/some of them? Thanks.

2. i found mine used more fuel when i fitted the full system but that could be down to me riding it faster cos it sounds amazing!! be interesting to see how it does now ive had it mapped. :upyeah:

3. Now you need to install the 70mm exhaust..then you get the real pretty sounds!

4. Left calf? One assumes you meant the right?

I have a solution for the right calf barbecue that is a set of 70mm's. I bought a sheet of that silver backed glass fibre looking stuff. Cut out a rectangular piece kinda 15cm x 20cm (ish) and edged it with some gaffer taper to stop it fraying. Then I took one of those surgical sock thingy tubes and slide it over my calf, placed the heat thingy on it and then slid the top bit of the surgical sock over it. I then just put my normal socks on, leathers and boots making sure its positioned over my calf muscle. Hey presto, I no longer have 3rd degree burns on my calf after long periods of hot weather riding.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information