1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fork Oil For 1100 Evo Sp

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by comfysofa, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Anyone got any advice on fork oil choice (marzzochi). There seems to be alot of conflicting information along the lines of "ducati got it wrong...."

Mains questions being fork oil weight and air gap. I've read 7.5w but all I've seen locally from fowlers is 5 or 10....

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

2. Mix them up, 50/50 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, I did that with my SS.
    Worked fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Me too on my monsters, 120mm air gap with linear springs. Non adjustable tho, but worked perfectly :upyeah:

5. Actually, if I'm honest, what I did was slightly different.
    The SS had seriously stiff forks and I suspected this had a lot to do with having to replace the frame due to the all too common cracking.
    I therefore mixed 5 and 2 1/2 to get around 3 1/2.
    It worked a treat and I got forks that actually deflected before the frame.
    The 999 I have now has forks of about the same stiffness as my SS with the 3 1/2 weight oil.

6. Riders have got some 7.5w in stock so I'll collect that tonight on the way home... Where is the air gap taken from?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

7. When I serviced mine and as far as I know they have never been done before since new , each leg had 650ccs which was 135mm air gap from top of outer tube .
    This measurement is with leg fully collapsed , Spring and spacer removed from leg .
    Loads of videos on utube from reputable rebuilders if you need a tutorial

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Hi Lee - thanks for that. Pulled the forks out last night and poured 520ccs from the fork (left the first one for about an hour draining). The mechanic at Riders stated 520 also. I'm not saying that's right or wrong and if I need to I can add some more in there if I need to....not been out on it yet to test though...its maintenance time so I'm servicing the slipper tonight and then the clutch is coming out of the zed tomorrow night for a mod....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information