1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro French Driver Destroyed My Enduro

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by ColT, Jun 21, 2016.

1. I'm now lying in hospital with some broken bits after on oncoming French driver (in France) tried to overtake some cars on a hill and hit 5 cars as well as me head-on. The bike is destroyed as it was thrown backwards over the armco barrier into some trees which stopped it just short of going over precipice . Until that point I was really enjoying the bike. One thing I would say is that I had the carbon Sport screen on which saved me from having a lot of abdominal injuries. If I'd hit the car with the touring screen on I would've gone straight through it and my injuries would be much much worse. Also the Enduro is tall enough to put me and my passenger over the car instead of through it.
    My biggest trauma since then is trying to contact Bennetts insurance where there single number for accident helpline doesn't work at all. (That's sorted now and they are on the case)
    So I'm just left with a broken pelvis dislocated shoulder and a wife with a broken wrist and of course a destroyed bike.
    French emergency services are fantastic and the police quickly arrested the maniac woman driver.

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Love You Love You x 2
  2. mon dieu, que est la merde,,,, ahh, zee crazzee frenchieeee

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. OMG. Get well soon ColT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Oh wow. Glad your both here to tell the tale. GWS

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. That's poo :( get well soon both of you :Wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sorry to hear about your misfortune and I hope you and the misses get well soon. Some years ago I was involved in a fatal road accident caused by a French driver and I too can vouch for just how good the French police and emergency services are .... presumably a necessity to mitigate against the standard of French driving.

So long as you're on the mend, that's the main thing. A bike is replaceable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sorry to read that, I hope you both have a full recovery, don't worry about the bike that can be replaced.By your account I'd say consider yourself lucky, it could have been much worse although it still sounds bad. I travelled down and up France to the Cataluynia GP this month and had no issue with drivers. I think you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.:policecar::policecar:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. They must've been bloody good to bring you back from the dead.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. Bloody hell! Bloody Frog drivers! They are OK on autoroutes cos only the good drivers will pay for the Tolls! Small villages are a different story

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. yep, i to did down and back up throo France this year ( again ) and had no porob with the froggy drivers, in fact the level of driving over there continues to be considerablly better than here and are noticeablly courtious and helpfull towards motorcyclists

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah - she would have surrendered anyway being French

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. The guy in the other car that caused the accident lost his wife and one of his children.

13. Very sad ending to a misjudgement and poor fukker has rest of his life to relive the nightmare

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. This is just why my wife hates the idea of the bike. An accident that you can't foresee, and that you can't do anything at all about...

Sorry for your trauma - hope you recover very quickly and that the insurance sorts out the claim for you with as little trouble as possible.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tell us where you are and we'll see if you are near enough so that we can come and visit for moral support.

• Like Like x 8
  16. Sorry to hear of your incident.....sounds like it could have been much worse, not just for you and the missus.
    I hope you recover quickly and well.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I wish both you and your wife a full recovery from your injuries. I also hope Bennetts deliver better service than a phone number that doesn't work. I also hope the driver receives the full force of the French justice system. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. How dreadful, especially with the new bike. I've always been impressed by French driving standards, especially their observation skills when it comes to bikes.
    Whereabouts in France were you, what kind of road, countryside or mountains (mountains I guess as it was uphill with a precipice)?
    How on earth did he manage to hit 5 other cars as well?
    How you start to feel better soon, glad your wife only suffered the broken wrist.

19. We are in the CHRU Besancon, France but hope to be back in Epsom hospital UK by next week.

Massive thanks to everyone for their kind wishes. Especially the funny comments as it is great to laugh even though it hurts

I was willing to give up the fight because I never want to endanger my wife and seeing her lying in the road was the worst thing that could possibly happen. But she is now the one insisting we carry on riding the bike or maybe a new one as this one probably isn't going anywhere.

• Like Like x 7
  20. I meant a new bike not a new wife. Although I did tell the ambulance driver I was really worried that something fatal have happened to her because I would end up with no food no washing and the dirty house as I'm in capable of surviving without her ( apparently! )

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information