1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Fuel Sensor Error Message On The Dash

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by AndyW, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Could it be wired wrong way round? Check connector - is it only able to be installed one way round.

Fuel sensor upside down? LOL :D

2. Yes, once on the road and the bars / range increased while obviously using fuel, removed the seat and checked ~ no way to plug the wrong way...
    Not fiddling around with the "faulty" fuel level sensor anymore as I got the new one and the as backup still have the one that came with the MTS in the first place and that original one still works....

3. UPDATE... had time earlier today to have my new generation fuel level sensor (59210211C) installed and the software update was done.

All working fine and well again now with my MTS-PP..... ready for more China ADV cruising....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Mine did the same thing a few times while on tour last week - but seems to have settled down now.

Since my bike is out of warranty it's going to cost me £117 for the new sensor - ouch!!

Fitting looks time consuming (although I suppose I could do that myself) - but as mentioned on this thread (and confirmed by the good folks at Snells) it won't work without a software update...

5. Mine's in for the Fuel Level Sensor to be replaced today (and a replacement Dash)..........Ducati agreed the parts FOC as a goodwill gesture (out of Warranty) so to keep the labour charge down I've prepped the bike....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...oh and the belly pan's off as the left engine case is also being replaced (corrosion), under Warranty as I flagged it up before expiry - just took a long time to get agreement to the replacement!

6. Wow - that looks like a bit of a work-up Andy!!

Mine seems to have settled down again, so I'm going to hold on for a bit and see what happens.

Bike had just had 15K valve service so tank would have been off and sensor disconnected - I'm hoping (optimistically) that maybe it wasn't properly seated on the connector...

7. Yeah getting the tank off isn't a quick job......all those piddling Allen head screws holding the plastic panels :argh!:
    I figure that I've saved myself a couple of hours labour charge (removal and refit of beak and panels).....£100+ in the bank :D

The connector to the fuel level sensor is easy to check and tbh I doubt it's the issue, it's one of those 'snap fit' connectors that 'clicks' into place...

[​IMG]

8. Could've cleaned it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. lol......but that's not mine ;-) [John W's 2010 about less than a month old 05/2010;-]

10. Chatting with a Ducati tech last week and he advised taking the whole beak/side panels assembly off in one piece, ie: undo 4 Allen keys each side at the top and the rubber mounted bolt on each side panel, disconnect the airflow sensor on the right hand side, then drop the "nose section" down off its mounting peg (underneath between forks) and pull the whole thing off. Reckons it's saves him loads of time?

11. Didn't know there was any other way to do it? Beak and side panels in one piece top right...

[​IMG]

12. Ah sorry, didn't look at the picture, just responded to the lots of fiddly bolts comment.

Haven't tried it yet myself - was going to, to replace satnav power unit, but chopped end off cable and it is still giving out 5v, so just a new mini USB needed, thankfully.

13. A bit awkward to remove the beak first time around, question of sussing the technique, thereafter easy - tip: I put a rolled up blanket inbetween the forfklegs resting on the mudguard to rest the partially removed beak on whilst I disconnect the air temp sensor ;-)

14. Sounds like you're the expert then Andy - difficult to understand what you mean though - perhaps you could pop over and show me on my bike :D

15. I'd be happy to some time Steve............

16. Thanks mate - that's a great offer :upyeah:

I was actually joking - which makes your response even more generous :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Been running with empty indicated for the last 1000m or so and today got the fuel sensor error, turned of and then re-started still gave same error then after about 20-30 miles error message cleared and it actually indicated fuel level this after a short time then went back to empty again (probably about 15 ltrs in tank). The sender is being replaced next week, just hope there aren't two problems. will post when sender has been replaced.

18. I got a fuel sensor error today for the first time, 2012 bike out of Ducati warranty although covered by 3rd party warranty.

I'll be contacting ducati regarding the good will part as the constant redesign clearly points to bad manufacture first time around

Which is the best email as first point of call?

19. I must add that it did clear and I had a great ride, just a couple of bits need sorting as I'm still not happy my forks rattle and Ducati haven't been able to fix them satisfactory and now the fuel sensor thing, I'd rather get some correspondence running and see where we end up

20. First port of call is your Dealer.........ask that they approach DUK on your behalf ;-)
    DUL get their knickers in a right twist if you don't adhere to the protocols! lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information