1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diavel Full Termi Db Killer Wanted

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by DukeA, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Anyone have an OEM set or know where to get them? No luck on ebay so far but need to quiet the beast on occasion :grin: Ta. Andy

2. I got a set from Ducati Manchester. Dont use them though, love the sound without !!

Stuart

3. Does that mean you would consider selling them Stuart? :wink:

4. No mate, sorry. If and when I sell the bike and the new owner doesnt want them, then I may consider selling. Just try Ducati Mcr, they had to order them from Italy, and there isnt much stock left I was told, so if you need a set now, get on to it, or just bask in the glorious sound of unbaffled Termis !!.

Stuart

5. Ok thanks for the tIp. I only want them for the MOT. I do love the sound without them too. Only thing that bugs me is the popping on overun. I've tuned it out on previous bikes but haven't managed to get rid of iton the Diavel yet. ... current tune is better than stock but...... I'll have to post another thread on that one. :wink:

6. Mine flew through with no baffles. Where abouts are you.

Re tuning, your bike will have had a new ECU and Filter if you have the full Termi system, shouldnt need owt really.

Stuart

7. Cornwall mate. OK I hope it will fly through - it is really loud though innit!
    I bought it second hand from a dealer selling for the owner, who wasn't into bikes that much. So its history is not really clear. BUT, it doesn't have the DP ECU and filter, I think they just stuck a full Termi on and that was it. o I'm using TuneBoy initially to get a decent map. If that doesn't give results I'll have to get it Dyno'd....

8. OK, best thing to do then is go to your local Ducati dealer and ask who does their MOT's, chances are they will have an 'arrangement' that bikes they submit with Termis will pass. TBH, I dont know anyone who has baffles in, I put them in and didnt like it so I took them out, and yeah it is freekin loud.

Are you sure theres no ECU change, cos I believe the Termis come with it and the filter so theres no reason not to change. Both mine any my mates have been done and they both pop on the overun a bit.

Tuneboy should be able to supply a map if the ECU is standard anyway. Some good reports out there about their stuff, I dont know how to use it, flash an ECU or owt like that, but would be interested to hear the results.... Do you have the Tuneboy stuff, and can you only use it on one bike, how does it work ??

Stuart

9. If the DP ECU is installed it shows up on the tank screen when the bike starts up showing "Ducati performance map installed" or something like that. As that don't happen on mine I doubt it's been put on. It is possible that the previous owner got hold of a full Termi system (cheap) and it didn't include all the kit. Then had it fitted buy an independent thinking there ya go, all done..... That's what I'm guessing. From what I can find the DP ECU is only a remapped stock one anyway and the map is just ok and nothing exceptional and of course its purely off the peg not bespoke. With TuneBoy it is locked to the bike on registration but allows access to the ECU to modify all the tune data held by and some. It allows easy upload of trims..... and more. Some have been developed on dynos with other Diavels, but you'd have to dyno your own bike to really make it fit perfectly. Its reasonably easy but you need to know a thing or two about IT because like your computer is easy to screw up the system big time if you cock it up.
    Tuneboy is several pieces of software and a data transfer device that interfaces between the bike and your computer where the software is installed. It's not cheap but it is a lot less than a DP ECU from a dealer. Oh and the air filter don't make loads of difference :wink: Cheers, Andy.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information