1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Germany jaunt

Discussion in 'Touring' started by bradders, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Germany jaunt 22-25 Aug

Right, so its Jan so lets get planning!

Who's up for it. List interest the. We can agree where to stay etc.

Date: out Fri 22nd August, back BH Monday 25th. By Chunnel.

Thinking quick route to Cochem or similar area, nip to ring on way if open and in time, beer and bollocks, riding Sat locally, same Sunday, back Monday for 1800 return.

Likely rooms on a share basis, partners if you want so no reason not to ;-)

bradders

#1 bradders, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  2. If I had a road bike I could revisit my old haunts. Cochem was my Sunday afternoon destination for ice cream and beer when I lived in that area.

3. Sure you could track one down. Promise to slow down for you ;-)

Or you could pillion...

4. As I'm getting wed later this year I'm toying with the German GP as a stag do but I think that's July.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OK, but seven months ahead is rather long time to be planning a weekend ride out, isn't it?

6. Diaries old boy...booking hols...and swmbo needs plenty of warming up ;-)

plus I need something ro look forward to. Its dark and vold out there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I'm always up for a Germany trip, we tend to go twice a year if we can and I can recommend a superb hotel in Barweiler where the owners are huge ducatisti (ralf has a two tier garage jammed pack full of them)

i presume your your thinking Euro tunnel then bomb across Belgium and in on the 258?

8. Could be in - now on Calendar

9. Route will depend on train times. If its early, probably more scenic, if its later quick as poss!

10. Don't go there mate, we did the 'lets do a scenic route' complete balls ache, just go direct bite the bullet of tedium of 2-3 hours on motorways and as soon as you cross into Germany enjoy the roads.

11. I agree. Calais to Liege as quick and simple as possible - about 180 miles. Then the fun starts - several options for routes, most of them good.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ... or try: Hotel Ringhaus Altes Forsthaus
    Hauptstraße 1,
    53520 Nürburg
    I have stayed here and it was OK. It's the closest hotel to the entrance to the Nordschleife.
    Ringhaus - Altes Forsthaus St. Hubertus

13. If your staying near nurburg then hotel an der nordschleife in adenau is pretty good, run by eddy. Lots of places renting rooms or houses to groups in adenau and eateries too. Have a look on the nurburg ring website for opening times at the ring. You are looking for touristenfart days.

14. Tbh this wont be a ring trip, more a Germany for nice roads trip which will include a ride to the ring if its open. Originally it was the other way, south into France, but I know Germany is safe for finding nice routes as done the area a fair few times. Plus trying to convince Mrs to come, she never has...to Germany I mean ;-)

15. Yep I'm all for the get there ASAP route, the roads as soon as you hit the Eiffel region are way better than any of the dross we'll find on route via France or Belgium.

I know a good dry bob sleigh run not far from the ring which is funny as fook wearing full biking gear and trying to make the course the entire way with the brake off :)

guaranteed carnage and giggles I promise

• Like Like x 2
  16. I'm in Bradders. I suggest you edit the thread title to include the dates.

Anyone else who wants to come, please copy, paste and add your name to the list below ... :smile:

Bradders
    Dave

17. Bradders
    Dave
    Damo

18. Bradders - What time are you thinking of getting the Eurotunnel train from Folkestone on the Friday?

19. Bradders
    Dave
    Damo
    Pete1950

Do Not Sell My Personal Information