1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Gopro Action Camera, Which One And Where?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Schifi, May 6, 2016.

1. Stuck a new video up. Filmed with Olfi @ 2.5k.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That looks like so much fun, cracking film! Nice part of the world too. Reminds me of ragging my old M600 - basically keep it pinned everywhere!

How are you recording your commentary?

3. Onto the subject of external mic inputs. Olfi are nearing completion. It will use the USB port but they are also working on a pass through system so that you can still charge and use external mic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  4. I'm using Sony UWP11 wireless mic kit into a digital recorder. I then sync the footage and audio in post. A beep of the horn is usually good enough to line them up. Although filming in different frame rates means the sync will drift in/out unless you correct it.

Mic clipped to breath guard in helmet. Wireless transmitter in my inside pocket. Receiver and recorder in backpack.

Annoyingly on this video i forgot to put the pollution filter back in my helmet which would have sorted out the irritating wind noise. Next 1299 video has perfect audio from inside my lid.

All the exciting info on frame rates and timecodes you will ever need is

here http://www.technicalaudio.com/pdf/TimeLine/Timeline_SMPTE_Timecode_Tutor.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  5. And more news on the olfi external mic front. I had an idea so I tweeted them...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have been using an external mic with my Gopro for a number of years now.

7. Show off, with all your money for GoPro products at ridiculous markup :wink:

8. Also... Looks like the comments about fake SD cards bit me in the Arse. Purchased through eBay, from a proper seller for a proper price. No videos written are readable. Copying a working video, onto the card renders it unplayable. Bastards!

9. That's unfortunate. The one I posted a link to is working ok on 1080 - not tried it on any higher speeds yet.

10. I've just asked for a return/refund. I'll walk straight into a shop and buy one now. Bonus is I can get the 128GB :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not at all, if you want something decent then be prepared to pay for it and don't skimp and save and end up with rubbish!

Same answer as above, people who spend stupid money on an iPhone that does nothing better than any other phone at one third of the price, are the same people who buy rubbish and then live to regret that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Olfi's not at all rubbish though, and I paid the same price for the SD card as a proper place. Just used eBay for convenience. They are now assuring me they are a proper SanDisk reseller and take legal action against those claiming they've received fakes (they scaremonger worse than politicians).

I've replied stating exactly what I have tried, and said if they're a genuine reseller then I can expect a replacement for this faulty one :grinning:

13. I am fairly sure you should be entitled to a refund on a returned item within 14 days under the distance selling regulations.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Already offering a replacement. Used a couple of tools to test the card. It has 40mb of usable space before the bad sectors start. Not much good for 4k then :tearsofjoy:

15. May I ask which FOV was used in this video?
    I think this is a good compromise to have good view of the surrounding. On the other hand it seems, that objecta right in front of you will not appear too far away.

As I'm also planning to purchase a Stealth and to mount them on the same positions, I'm very interested in example videos. Do you have some available, ideally from both mounting positions?

Thanks a lot!

16. The Stealth is fantastically practical helmet cam over a GoPro so long as you don't need an external mic as it has no other inputs. If you do want an external mic then you need to look at the Drift Ghost S instead - plus you get the benefit of a full 1080p recording at a decent frame rate for editing.

I have both and use both for different things. If I just want something to keep recording all journeys for insurance purposes then I use the Stealth. If my intention is to use the footage for another purpose then I use the Ghost S. I reserving using my GoPro's for mounting elsewhere.

17. I am currently using an Innov C3 snake cam stuck under the headlight, similar to how its done on the Ducati in the photo in this link Innovv motorcycle camera | motorcycel recordign system | car dashcam

I leave it plugged into one of the hella plugs and it switches on and off with the bike. I'm sure the quality isn't GoPro standard, but what I like is how inconspicuous it is. I've heard that plod likes to take advantage of bike cams when they see them...

Has anyone tried the Panasonic HX-A500E snake cam?

18. I've bought a cheaper option, an HD go pro lol alike, if it turns out to be rubbish, I'm only out £40, which, by the price, means it will be exactly that, rubbish

19. Bit of a preview from my Ireland trip GoPro chin mounted.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information