1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Gopro Action Camera, Which One And Where?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Schifi, May 6, 2016.

1. has anyone any experience of using a track day app on their phone? i like the idea of a speed overlay powered by the phone gps. and it makes use of the bl8#dy expensive phone. just wondering if im missing something?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. @burndownthediscos @MotoNik Not sure if you guys are still running the Olfi but they've replaced our early adopter models with a newer model (Olfi One.Five) which is the same price but added features. They've stopped all firmware updates on our models but are offering free replacement if you enquire with HedCamz (the main seller).

My new cam should be with me this week and for the cost of posting my old one :partypooper:.

3. Hey man yeah I seen that I was going to enquire with them as need another for a job later this month. Might ask if they will switch my original.

4. Excuse me? If I send them my old camera they'll send me a one five back, for free????

5. exactly that... Wish my car and bike manufacturers would do the same every few years :tearsofjoy:

6. Wow! Well that's brilliant - I'll look in to that right away. The lense cover came off my waterproof case, and I've had serious envy of the screen on the new one. Sounds too good to be true!!

7. Sam Proctor at HedCamz.com is who I contacted after I asked Olfi about it on Twitter. Basically email Sam ([email protected]) and he'll ask you to post it along with a cover note. They received mine just before they broke up for Christmas and said it'll be sent out in a couple of days.

8. That's awesome! Just sent them an email via their website. Really appreciate the heads-up. I used mine loads of a big trip round the USA in the Autumn, and it was great. The quality was excellent - only thing missing was a rear screen...

9. You can also now invert the recording so you can mount it upside down along with other useful features.

10. Sounds great! Fingers crossed for mine...

11. Just ordered one of the new Olfi's at Christmas for my daughter, very impressed at the size and quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wow they are catching up with Gopro slowly then, I can do that with my Hero 3 that I have had for years!

13. Or you could buy a Drift Ghost (like me), mount the camera at any angle and rotate the lens to any position, don't think the GoPro does that?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. New olfi arrived along with my button doo dah thingy.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Decided a route by which I can use it on the bike. Made a nice little hole and purchased a magnetic charger.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Need to sand/tidy the hole a bit but the cam still comes in and out fine and whilst not waterproof, will stop the rain.

16. I brought the OLFI and all the extras from the bike show, got home and my mate said I got the same thing for half the price ! Feck me its an sjcam m20 just rebranded and costs me twice as much [emoji35]

17. Olfi is the better camera. Same housing and processor but olfi uses the better spec Sony sensor and lens.

18. The m20 has the Sony imx lens also known as the exmor, do you no what the differences are ! They list the olfi having the exmor R is it just a typing difference or is there some real life quality difference that warrants twice the price !

Great cam tho, ive had to modify the case as per yours to allow on the bike charging .

19. Olfi claim the following... Exmor is a range of sensors (but like Intel i series processors) and they have simply used a better sensor and lens. It appears they both ship in their casing/processor and fit together with whatever sensor you want to sell yours with.

Wether it's worth the extra money or not, I don't know. May buy an SJ for the rear of the bike and do a direct comparison.

I will say that Olfi as a company have been fantastic.

20. I would be interested to know your thoughts especially if you buy the m20, i too want another but I'm debating what to buy.

Thx [emoji106]

Do Not Sell My Personal Information