1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Gopro Action Camera, Which One And Where?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Schifi, May 6, 2016.

1. I think it was just set on the standard view, I discovered that if you zoom in the motion blur at the sides of theframe are very distracting. The downside is you need to be very close to people to get dramatic shots. I used a couple of mounting positions this Summer but still haven't got round to editing the video yet.

2. Great advise here and write up but I have to disagree with your statement regarding using a GoPro at speed. I've used my GoPro 4 for sometime and shot numerous video's sometimes at well over 200 MPH whilst it was on my helmet without any issues and it was completely stable. I also use it with gloves on as I know where the buttons are.
    I do agree that the bullet shape of the Drift should make it more stable but in reality there will be very little difference between the two.
    Steve

3. At 110mph I feel the aerodynamic 'tug' of a GoPro shape camera (original olfi) on my helmet. I also had to do the screw parts up VERY tight (tools, not fingers) to stop it twisting backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hmm, weird, I never had that even whilst skydiving.

5. Do you have yours on the side or centre of the helmet? Mine was on side and it gave a definite tug.

Now mounted on bike.

6. In the centre on top.

IMG_0991.JPG

7. Well that's probably it then. No real pull when it's centred.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Oh and love the sneaky ktm sticker [emoji6]

9. Ha ha, that's before I swapped the Katoom out for a DVT ;)

10. Well that's the reason. The linkage between the GoPro and the mounting point will be the shortest it can be possibly made. There is hardly any movement like that. If it's on the side of your helmet then the mounting system needs to have a 90 degree kink because the GoPro has to mount from underneath (you can actually flip the recorded image but you're still limited to what you can do).

With the Drift cams you can rotate the lens and sensor to offset literally any mounting position and therefore it negates the need to have an unnecessarily convoluted mounting arrangement containing 90 degree angles, etc, which effectively extends the mounting arm and increases and amplify vibrations, resistance, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I run a Drift Stealth 2 on the side of my C3Pro & have no issues re wind pull!
    All it needs is a waterproof charging cable & it would tick all my boxes!

12. I use a product called Sugru to rain proof my camera chargers. It's like bluetac but dries into a hard rubber.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I had a spare back for my Stealth & tried to Dremmel out a hole for a mice USB lead. All to avail. The back is too small and the charging port is so close to the side of the camera itself that it just didn't work.
    Have tried a silicon end cap boot over it bat that interferes with the mounting clip. Anyone been successful with running a charge lead(waterproof) into Stealth 2?

14. You could try exactly what JH suggested. Try Sugru. It's like blu-tac that sets hard. It's amazing stuff. I've even made moulds on my 3D printer and filled them with Sugru to make silicon-type mouldings. You can just mould it with your finger and pinch it around your connector while it's in place and leave it until it sets. Just put a layer of cling-film around the plug so you can peel it off without it all getting stuck together.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Contour4+ coming 2018.

16. I would hold fire anyway. Olfi is a great camera but they’ve been promising external mic functionality for ages. I messaged them then other day and they said it’s now coming on the next camera and not this one (despite my buying it based on their claims it would have an external mic soon after release).

17. Got a 3D printed ‘open back’ design for my Drift Stealth off eBay. Works well and glued a power lead into hole in the new open back. So now it’s fully waterproof.
    Have been told though that Drift no longer doing the Stealth:eek:

18. In the market now for a new camera. I have heard good things about the YI 4K Plus. Any other reviews or advice? Did Olfi sort out the external mic issues?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information