1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlight Compatability Between A 1999 900ss Ie And A 2003ss Ie?

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by general_piffle, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Hi all, wondering if there were any fairing or mounting point changes for the headlight unit (whole thing) between a 1999 900SS IE and a 2003 900SS IE? Need to replace the one on my 1999 bike and have found a new old stock one for a 2003 bike, just want to make sure it'll fit before I buy. Thanks! :)

2. would have thought it was the same mounting points
    do remember something about later ones on some models have plastic lens therefore lighter
    could check stein-dinse site and compare part numbers

3. just had a look at stein -dinse site
    seems same part numbers for 99 onwards on 750 and 900
    but slightly different number for 800 and 1000 but think they are still the same fitment

4. seems my SS has a continental headlight in it throwing light the wrong way

was picked up at last mot ???

anybody knowing where a spare uk light is please let me know

5. @johnboy that's really helpful thanks! I've just been doing some digging too. It seems that the GB/UK part number is: 52040163A this is for 1998 to 2002 models (900SS IE).

@Ken Oaff - depends on whether yours is a carby or IE 900 but there are a few on eBay at the moment.

6. They are all the same mount points but the plastic ones have slightly different holes where the bulbs go in, which means the rubber seals are different too.

7. Mine is IE

yes plenty on ebay but at silly prices and I am not that desperate to buy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information