1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S Headlight Flicker Monster 1200s

Discussion in 'Monster' started by JdirectorJ, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Hello all,

Noticed today that my headlight started to flicker. When I turn my handlebars to the right the light turns on and when I turn back to a straight position it turns off. If I poke behind where the cables are it seems like I can get the light to turn on if I push at the right angle. Anyone else have this issue? Is it a loose connector maybe?

Thanks

2. Sounds like an internal break in one of the wires feeding the headlamp.

The routing of the loom around the headstock must have caused it to be so tight on full lock, that one of the wires has probably severed inside its insulation and only making intermittent contact.

Try to isolate which one by using a multimeter to check for conductivity between one end of a wire at the headlamp and the next connector block or switch 'downstream'.

With the ignition and headlamp on, turn the bars till you get the problem and test each wire till you find either no continuity or a very high resistance. That will be your problem wire, which you will then need to replace.

3. Alright I'm going to try this.
    Thanks

4. Check the connectors first as hopefully your bike is too young to have suffered from broken wires just yet

5. After disassembling the headlight it seems like the connector from the bike to the headlight wasn't pushed in all the way. I pushed it in and it "clicked". Seems to be working. Haven't taken it for a test drive but the headlight was working ok.

6. Good job, well done mate :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information