1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Healtech Quick Shifter

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by NJW1967, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Hi noticed Healtech list a Quick shifter kit for the DVT 1200 has any one used one yet ?

Feedback appreciated

Neil

2. Just spoken with Healtech. They have a new version coming out shortly for IOS and Android in 4 weeks. I am waiting for this has it has improved sensitivity apparently. Will post finding as soon as it arrives in new year.

3. The new one on IOS platform has arrived and I will be fitting tomorrow. Will post updates this week.

4. Will you put up some fitting details up and where you make the connections on the coils.

[emoji106]

5. Wiating with anticipation for the results
    B1stoboy :)

6. OK fitted and working fine. Will post details and pictures tomorrow or Friday. BTW it doesnt connect to coils, its one connector to the injector control, one wire for horizontal and one for vertical cyclinder and a common.

7. I like that sound of the wiring, the translogic you have to cut into the coil wires so plug n play gets my vote.

I'm very interested, price ! Where from would be helpful.

Thx

8. OK sorry for long post but here goes.
    As you will see from the attached photos, the Heal tech QS comes with a round sensor that fits on the gear box spline linkage bolt. They supply a new longer bolt. This in theory allows D/s as well as Up shifts but I woundnt recommend down shifts for below 5 to 4. Be sure to install the two conical washers like this ( 0 ) around the sensor.

The unit which I located under the riders seat next to the battery connects to a single connector situated on the LHS under the tank. Its possible to get to this 3 wire connector ( marked "INJ") without removing the tank. remove the LHS red panel ( 3 screws). You will need patience small hands and a spring hook as shown to free the connector from its mount. You can then pull it out and connect the QS cable. I removed the ECU mounting screw to route the cables and used the battery -ve for the earth. ( you will need to reset all the dates mph etc if you do same).

The new unit only works with IOS ( Android coming in 4 weeks ) The IOS unit will be upgradable to support Android I am told. The new unit app, loaded from the App store has a new function which provides an Adaptive or Auto option for cut off times per Rev band. I found this to work very well.
    You will see my settings for the Advanced option which you can use as a starter.

The installation took about an hour including linking the Ipad to the unit and setting the rev lower and upper limit ( mine set at 2500 and 11000). Cut off delay set to 20ms and sensitivity to lowest at 20%.

Smooth gear changes at constant and rising throttle at 3500 all the way up.

You can purchase from the UK distributor or heal Tech direct, Norbert the main contact in Hungary is really helpful.

Finally for obvious reasons I cant go into details on who assisted me in installing the QS but if you are interest in using the same Ducati expert then PM me for more info.

QS 01.jpg

QS 02.jpg

QS 04.jpg

QS 05.jpg

QS 06.jpg

QS 07.jpg

QS 08.jpg

QS 09.jpg

QS 10.jpg

QS 11.jpg

IOS Easy 1.jpg

IOS easy 2.jpg

IOS easy 3.jpg

IOS easy 4.jpg

IOS easy 5.jpg

QS 03.jpg

QS 12.jpg

QS 13.jpg

#8 B1stoboy, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  9. Dave, price is 290 Euro including the cable kit F1B or £239 from UK distributor BDS racing but be aware that they may not have the latest IOS version and you dont want the Old android version as the new one has better features.

10. Looks really good, HPS also stock the kits.

20ms cut off is that a little low ! What's it like on the rd .

11. Dave thats the Cut off delay NOT the cutoff. Its the delay from the unit sensing a movement on the gear lever to starting the cut off. The IOS easy pictures show the actual cut off times. You can save multiple versions and load them from the ipad to try the difference. I started with cut off at 120ms for the low revs but this was too long. Currently at 90ms decreasing as revs increase. The auto feature is set at 85ms but again you can change that if you want.

12. The changes are very smooth 3 4 5 6 especially on increasing throttle. 1 to 2 and 2 to 3 are a tad lumpy at lower rev changes but that may be down to my settings. Early days and so easy to play around on the fly especailly when the new Android version is available so I can use my phone.

The downside of the QS is it makes you ride faster :))) its so much fun.

13. Hi B1stoboy
    Thanks for the feedback
    So from what i gather theres no wire cutting its a plug and play unit ?

Regards Neil

14. Thats correct Neil.

15. So hypothetically speaking its easily removable lets say for warranty purposes and when the bike goes for service :)

??? What quickshifter? What are they ? ;-)

Regards Neil

16. Neil there is no need to remove, the app allows you to turn the quick shifter off and also the supplied jumper plug can b installed in the controller end of the injector cable to again eliminate the qs. I wouldn't worry about removing the sensor, it's so small they probably won't see it. . Of course if u have a gearbox issue then time to get the spanners out before it gets there.

17. Sorry just another have you managed to get downshift working any better ?

18. To work properly u need an auto blipper without it u have to b careful. On a falling throttle it drops 6 to 5 no prob. Also 5 to 4. I wouldn't try lower just in case. I would fit a auto blipper if it comes available. If you pm me ur email I will share my Dropbox road test with you.

19. Makes sense about the auto blipper I suppose the slipper clutch can only do so much, the XR blips when you tap the stick down.

So on the auto setting does it self learn the kill times !

20. Dave, it would appear so. Re the slipper clutch don't forget you still operate the clutch to downshift, the slipper just allows the change early speed wise. The HealTech certainly seems the way to go. Money, looks, simplicity of install, limited downshifts and the Bluetooth programming.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information