1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*HELP* Getting Error code IMMO 37.1 On 2008 848

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Tommy B, May 20, 2013.

1. Seem to be getting the error code IMMO 37.1, bike wont start unless i enter the secure code off the top right of the key card.

Bike was running fine until I took it for an mot on saturday, got down there ok...guy told me to start it up and ride it in to the test bay and sudenly it wouldnt start (fuel pump primed, servo moved etc) then kept flashing up with IMMO 37.1 Somehow managed to get the bike sarted by flicking buttons and swithcing on and off so rode home, half way back the engine managment light came back on..got home and the same fault IMMO 37.1 again.

Bike will start with the secure code entered although if switched off with the key it will loose this and throw the same error up again.

I havent washed the bike recently so cant be moisture round the antenna, have dismantled and cleaned just in case.

Could it be the bike needs recoding or flashing in some way?...is there any way to do this myself?...or anyone near to DERBY who could help me out on the cheap?

Many Thanks,

Tom.

P.S. -Bike has been showing a fault EXVL 23.5 and would run rough for a while, cleaned all the valve and servo with no avail...turned out to be a duff spark plug in the front cylinder, subject to this my battery went dead trying to get to the bottom of it, so removed form the bike and charged (could the above IMMO code be something to do with me taking the battery off the bike?

2. Could still be the key antenna Tom. Take a look at the antenna moulding and sometime you can see the green corrosion just peaking thru the moulding line. Another problem can sometimes be if you have fitted a carbon key surround?? The antenna either sits too low or the carbon interferes with the radio signal.

3. Antenna looks like new, standard key guard fitted so no issues there...i have had the tank and panels off for a month or so, maybe its been knocked around too much while the bikes been apart?...are they quite fragile? I just cant understad why it was starting fine after the last fault...then all of a sudden dies on me at the MOT station!

Are the antenna's expensive to replace?...will anything need to be coded if this is the case?

4. New ones are just shy of £29. No coding to do, just plug n play. Check also the connector just down the RHS of the ignition barrel. Could be loose?? Worth double checking the antenna is fitted in to the key surround properly as well. If it's slipped and is too low it struggle to energize the key.

5. Some one on another forum has suggested doing this...sounds more like a tps reset to me though?

Do a key reset:

Insert the red key
    Turn the throttle to fully open
    Switch on
    Let the display cycle through its start-up sequence
    Switch key off
    Release throttle
    Turn back on again.

6. There's no red key with the 848. As Nelly says' the usual suspect is the antenna, usually through water ingress.

7. Many thanks to Nelly. Problem sorted with a new antenna supplyed and posted very quickly by cornerspeed. Thanks again.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information