1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hernandez confirmed for 2014 with Pramac Ducati

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Official confirmation

Pramac Ducati has officially confirmed that Yonny Hernandez will be retained alongside Andrea Iannone for the 2014 MotoGP season - and switch to a new 'Open' class version of the Desmosedici.

Hernandez began his second MotoGP season at PBM before moving to Pramac in place of the injured Ben Spies for the final five rounds. The 25-year-old Colombian's best Ducati race finish was tenth place in Malaysia, having injured his right hand at Phillip Island.

Yonny Hernandez
    "I cannot wait to get on track and try the new 'Open' bike, even though that won't happen here in Valencia, and I'm also curious to try the new tyres. I am proud to be the second Latin American rider, and the first Colombian, to ride with this team in the premier class. I know that I have to work hard, but the new 'Open' category is very interesting. I really want to go out on track and start learning. I want to thank Pramac, Ducati and all those who have made this new adventure possible."

The Open class is replacing the former 'CRT' privateer category. The full control ECU system must be used, but open class riders get four litres of extra race fuel and seven more engine changes relative to the factory bikes.

Honda and Yamaha are also providing 'Open' class machinery. Honda in the form of a complete Production Racer, for sale, while Yamaha is allowing M1 engines to be leased.

Ducati's 2014 Open class machine is only expected to be available to Hernandez and likely to comprise this year's Desmosedici fitted with the control ECU.

2013 rookie Iannone will continue on the factory specification machine next year, alongside official riders Andrea Dovizioso and Cal Crutchlow.

from crash.net and MotoGP.com

Do Not Sell My Personal Information