1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoghton Tower Sprint / Lancashire / 7th May 2017

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Chris2511, Mar 19, 2017.

1. After doing some searching online i came up on the Marshall's north west website an started browsing about and seen a listing for a upcoming bike sprint event in Preston Lancashire on the 7th May 2017

Its basically a 1/8th mile straight liner competition held each year.. in fact i think its the 41st year in may, i live about 20 miles away and not heard of it before (only riding for 2 years up to now)

so i have the joining instructions and going to enter which will make for a good day out on my 848 Evo and my mate is entering his R1 in the two 'Run what you brung' classes, as you can imagine there are all sorts of classes to enter

It costs £60 to enter a class and £5 extra for additional classes entered
    £15 for a ACU day race licence
    £2 for a Marshalls north west membership

thought it will be a good laugh and seeing if any other members from around the north west fancy it?
    the email address is [email protected] and the lady is called Angela if you want to be added to the mailing list.

entry closes on 29th April next month

https://marshalsnorthwest.co.uk/2016/09/01/2017-hoghton-tower-sprint-information/

2. Im only about 20 miles away aswell,been a couple of times,you get some interesting bikes there from home made supermoto' to ex works rc45's. If the weather is good it's a brilliant day.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was happy enough to go and watch it but should be a good craic taking part also ... can't wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. I'll probably go over for the day,may even put the hyper up the track :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Borgo Panigale, Mar 22, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. It used to be an event specifically for classic bikes, many of them home brewed, as you can see in the albums, so no quick shifters that I was aware of, but I haven't been for a few years due to the organisers managing to clash dates with the Classic Bike Show at Stafford year after year. I don't know the regs and haven't seen new/current bikes run at Hoghton, so can't help I'm afraid

This year the dates don't clash with Stafford, so may see you there

7. I will check with the club secretary

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information