1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To: Attach An Image To You Post

Discussion in 'Forum How To's - create an Avatar/Event/Group etc?' started by Rob, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Drag and drop uploading
    Provided your browser supports it, you can now drag files into the text editor to upload them:

ss-2013-05-17_12-37-47.png

Pasting images
    If you use Chrome or Firefox and have an image in your clipboard, you can simply paste it into the editor. It will automatically be uploaded as an attachment if possible. If the upload is successful, this works exactly like uploading an image and then clicking the "full image" button.

Note that in Chrome, the image data must be in your clipboard (such as from pressing print screen). In Firefox, you can either have image data or you can copy a file that's an image and paste that.

2. Do we know how to achieve this with an iPad please?.

3. Yes.

First, junk the iPad ...

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Why do so many people (including me) have problems with duplicate photo's appearing and then not being able to edit and delete the duplicates? :confused: I always drag and drop...

5. If I take a picture, load it on to my machine (A Dell running XP).
    How do I add it to the forum....I can do the drag and drop from Web based images....but not from my own machine or phone?

Please technical elf do tell?
    @Rob

6. My previous question remains - still happening :smile:

7. Click Full Image when you insert them into a post.

8. Should be the exact same as dragging from web image. Or close click Upload a File.

9. I'm logged on my work computer to the actual Ducatiforum.co.uk right now (typing this) but I am going to also be on Tapatalk on my phone and relay what I am getting when I TRY to attach a picture....

ok at the bottom of the screen is a reply section. There is a + sign on the lower left. I click on that and then pops up a larger area of where to type a reply and at the bottom are several icons. first (left to right) is a camera, then a paperclip, then a smiley face emoticon, then IMG (letters), then URL (letters). The IMG and URL have you actually post something within the reply but haven't figured out how to do that.

So I click on the camera image then pops up a window saying "pikc a source" you have gallery, camera - photo, camera - video to choose from. I then click gallery. It makes me do it a second time (another pop up says complete action using "Gallery"), I click on that and then finally all my camera photos and downloads and saved pictures pop up. I then click on camera images. I see all the pictures I have taken with my phone from the concerts to my Ducati stuff to this morning's picture of the tag inside my fridge (damn thing is going out).

I have a picture of my Ducati mini tool set. I clicked on that. Then it takes me back to the reply and NOTHING shows up. There is no hourglass like it is thinking. There is no picture. Nothing. Absolutely frustrating. I have dated men men who are 'IT geeks' and I would say I'm rather tech savvy since my entire family comes to me for questions. IF I don't know how to do something I can at least go to someone who does and this program is JUST NOT WORKING for me. So I either use my work computer (bad form and not very professional) or I continue to use Tapatalk just to communicate with forum members but not uploading any pictures at all. I have very few photos on my work computer and it seems ridiculous that I have to email photos to myself just to upload later. As we say in America "complete waste of my fuckin time".

So there we have it folks.... Heather is now annoyed. *smirks* I will see what I have on my work computer to attach since Tapatalk is about to get trashed sides me talking to forum members directly. I think I found my picture to attach from my work computer......

DucatiChic Evil.jpg

10. You look well foxy :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

11. Is that you!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. :Stop: stop, not yours, mine :D .......................Mmmmmmmmm.............. share? :Smuggrin:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Typical!!!!

14. What, caring, considerate and sharing you mean? :)

15. Aye something like that :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. You look serious. Why so serious?

:D

• Like Like x 1

17. She has been trying to post a pic it's enough to make you look like that Loz :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. There were words? What were the words?

19. Swear words:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  20. LOL @ Forum members.... Yes, that is how I 'view' myself...It's a favorite photo of mine.......

Yes, I felt like I was about to blow something up for a while. Tapatalk does not allow "me" to upload pictures but when logged into forum from my business computer at my office I can upload photos. That has been my icon for 15+ years....it is close enough to me. Here is a picture of me also about 12-13 years ago...my son was 3 (he is now going on 16). I don't have a lot of personal photos on work computer and I do NOT like having my picture taken in general. We are in a whole 'social media narcissistic' society that I REFUSE to participate in. So for those who are curious, this is me...

Mark & I in 2002.jpg

• Like Like x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information