1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Is Multistrada An Everyday Motorcycle?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Asgun, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Hello friends!
    Do you think Multistrada is an everyday motorcycle?
    Home to work, work to home, especially in crowded urban traffic?
    Start the engine in the morning, travel around 5 - 10 miles, stop, and same scenario in the evening.

2. Yes. Its quite wide tho so filtering could be a bit more restricted. :)

3. For that commute it will barely warm up the engine and the fuel consumption will be appalling although being in Turkey might help with the engine temps ..... at least you dont have our winter salt, snow and rain to cope with.

i do 250 miles a week on mine commuting all year round through our crap winters and the bike copes well but needs tlc to keep it going

4. Yes, and it's narrow compared to a BMW GS

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The DVT is much more tractable than earlier models.

6. That sort of work, I'd get a scrambler [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Used mine for work the other day.... 20 minutes across London and it's OK, a bit wide to get through the gaps, but definitely capable. Then the worry of making sure it's where you parked it where you left it. Back to my 1978 Vespa PX today and it's much easier, cheaper and less stressful.

8. I use mine for commuting as much as possible. I have a 5 mile commute, if I take the long way, which I always do when on the bike. If that was the only reason for having a bike, I would have gotten the Hyper SP instead as it's such a small light bike.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  9. I do about 20 miles daily each way, in and out of central London. It's simply brilliant at it and it doesn't get anywhere near as hot in slow traffic as my Yamaha MT-10 does, and with the riding position you have a lot of control authority and great visibility.

Being a bit wider and restricting filtering a bit isn't a bad thing. It stops you and makes you sit back from doing things which might otherwise get you into a scrape.

With all the stability controls I'm hard pressed to think of many other safer bikes when commuting into busy towns.

10. I changed my 40 odd mile each way London commute, when I got the multi. Too wide to be dealing with the Blackwall Tunnel approach. Despite it being a nice wide road, cars insist on giving minimal room.

KTM is slightly narrower and my new route in is much nicer. Faster and flows better, with many empty bus lanes. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. I use mine for work when I can , about 10k a year.
    Is it the most suitable no
    is it the cheapest no
    is it top banana yes :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. As far as heavy traffic is concerned, filtering is not a problem but heat is (here in Greece and in a crowded city) especially during the summer months. This is why I also got a Kawasaki Z250SL. Consumption aside (which shouldn't be a deciding factor), I always find a narrow corridor in between lanes where I can fit and the bar is so high that I can go over cars' mirrors. But 5 minutes (yes the number is real) in start/stop conditions is enough to get the temperature high. During summer months, it's impossible to drop below 103 if I'm "stuck" in traffic, which I consider a torture for the bike AND myself, as the heat from the rear cylinder and exhaust goes directly upwards to me. If the ambient temperature is anything over 35C it's not fun anymore. But the bike can definitely cope.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

13. Same here in Singapore, except we have all year summer weather.
    Temperature range around 27 deg C in the morning and 35 deg C in the afternoon.
    Filtering thru the traffic is no problem, just need to watch out for the wide handlebar.

14. Same here in the Midlands, 2 deg C in the morning and 5 deg C in the afternoon :tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 4
Do Not Sell My Personal Information