1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leathers.....

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Martin T, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Just after some Advise,

Ive had my leathers for about 16 years now (2 piece Dainese's) feel its about time to buy some new ones, with some updated protection (bones getting older) I fancy a 1 piece suit this time.

any one got any advise? deals to be had?

Thanks in Advance

2. Get kangaroo. Thinner, lighter and better protection.

3. Arnt they a little jumpy? ;)

you can get Kangaroo leathers?

4. Yup - super supple, but more expensive than cow hide

5. I got my 1st onesie last summer. Brilliant on the bike but awful off it. If you are just riding then great, but if you like to ride somewhere and have a walk about stick with a 2-piece. Or get both. Oh, and the onesie has 1 useless pocket that's almost impossible to find.

6. If your bones are getting older, struggling in and out of a one-piece will get more and more difficult, especially when you are hot, sweaty, and tired. And especially if they fit closely, which they increasingly will. Racing and trackdays - one-piece is ideal; touring and commuting - not so much.

7. I have a one piece alpinestars and it's fine to commute in. You only need to take it on and off twice a day after all. I don't like zipping the top and bottom of a two piece and they will be a little less safe as well. Getting the fit right is the biggest thing.. go in and try a couple of brands and see which one feels better on you. Leave space underneath for a set of thin thermals made of something like merino wool to extend the useabilty of course.

• Like Like x 1
  8. i got alpinestarts 1 peice went for the previous years stock as they were half price but still brand new.

9. Thanks for the input!

I dont do much walking about in my leathers, and despite my old bones they are still flexible..

Are there any recommended shops around west Yorkshire anyone has used?

Thanks again
    I dont mind if there "old stock" never been a fashion victim ;)

I'll look into them!

Thanks

10. I bought my latest Held one piece leathers from Get Geared in Leeds in September last year. Good service all round and decent prices too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I went for a onesie with twin zipped front, much easier to get on and off. Much more comfortable if your 6 pack is more of a keg :upyeah:

12. twin zipped front?

ah youve seen my 6 kegs

13. I have a BKS pair. Dainese do a set also. Much easier to navigate in and out of.

Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 16.23.43.png

14. Ah i see, I like it!

15. I like mine, get on really well. I wear under suit so I don't stick to them when its hot, keeps me warm when the temp drops.

16. The dainese bora has a twin zip front. I almost bought one, but then I thought if it was all that great, why aren't more suits made that way, even daineses... Hence I stuck with the more traditional zip down the front.

17. I have a set with twin zip made by Frank Tomas I got them from J&S in Northwich £250

Do Not Sell My Personal Information