1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Looking For A 998r

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by 500JRL, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Also posted in the wanted section

Looking for a V-low mileage, original, immac condition 998R
    Cash waiting for the right bike
    PM me please
    Cheers Jay

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thread closed? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. I know of a lad here in Ireland selling a 996r and a 996sps , don't know much more but I know the sp's only has 27 miles

5. How about a 998s with 14k, one careful owner (probably the one before last).

6. Hi Everyone
    I'm still looking for a 998R there have been a couple for sale recently, one at £28k, one at £26k and a Japanese import T £20k. Pric s seem to have either escalated in the last 6 months or there are some dreamers out there. Why is the import so much cheaper, it is exactly the same spec as a British model.
    Any comments/advice greatly received.

7. out of interest, why not 996r? less made , more exclusive and couple for sale now which priced better?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeah one of the 996r's similar priced and generally cheaper than 998. I've just always had a thing for the 998, totally illogical, however looking at the prices it seems I'm not the only one. As this is purely (sort of) an investment, I think the 998 is already proving the better investment of the two.

9. I think there are a lot unrealistic expectations from sellers on these and if they are fetching that sort of money, you've missed the boat investment wise. They'll continue to appreciate along with every other bike, but I'm not sure that they are valued correctly at the moment.

If I had £25k down the back of the couch, I could certainly think of a better way to invest it in a nice bike or two.

That being said, if you want one because it's what you really want, then go for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Exactly - they have gone up 4 or 5 times in value in 10 years if these asking prices are being realised - when will they be worth £125,000 - not in 10 years - this boat has sailed :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Thanks for the reply, what other bikes do you suggest?

12. Thanks for the reply, what other bikes do you suggest?

13. Well Shawn, I'd always buy something that you like as a bike(s) rather than as an invesment and worrying about the value. So it's down to you really, what else do you like?

14. If an investment then something 10 to 20 years old that has had a cult following or is extremely low volume. The general cycle of the value trend tends to start rising within this period for the right bikes. Always buy something you want though. Use your heart and your head, otherwise you may find yourself selling in a year at a slight loss. That low mile 999R on a no reserve auction started at £9500 would be a bargain if no one bids.

*Edit - it's £8500 start price

#15 Exige, Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information