1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lorenzo's Desmo.

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by duke63, Jan 17, 2017.

1. I think Tim is an Italian insurance company!!

2. I think that the bike is totally different nowadays to when Rossi rode the Duke back in 2011/12, a lot has changed within the Ducati MGP Team since. I think that Audi/ Ducati were quietly fuming that Rossi went back to Yamaha at the end of 2012. Have to say that JL99 can become an Legend if he wants, should he win another title and add to his current 5 MGP Title wins. Also he has worked with GiGI before so maybe this has been 1 of his reasons to change manufacturer. Anyway what ever happens we'll be finding out soon enough, but hope the upward trend of a winning curve continues.

• Like Like x 1
  3. its all guess work till the flag drops but im not sure if Loz has the confidence. He can be a bit fragile. Dovi and iannone are a lil mad I think and its necessary on the duke.
    its all good though, im sure this season will be great with all the changes and speculation. Couple of tests to go but my money is on a battle between mm and mv which would be cool

4. Haha that's spot on tbf

5. A press event isn't really Lorenzo's thing. I'd be more surprised if he was jumping about like an excited kid. It's not like it's his 1st day with the team, this was announced months ago. I certainly haven't picked up on the body language you have talked about.

I think he'll be on it this season. Will he win the championship? I don't know, but he'll be up the sharp end. Let's face it, the bike would have won more races last season with better riders and Lorenzo looked very good in the tests on an unfamiliar bike. With a few months of tailoring it to him, I have to admit I'm excited.

My money is on Marquez, but will he be as consistent as last year? Vinales will be up there, but a championship having only won one race previously? But you never know, Marquez did it in his 1st season, so anything is possible. Rossi, if he can find the consistency of 2015, maybe, but it's 8 years now since he won the championship and he's another year older.

• Like Like x 1
  6. good points. Only 9 weeks to go!! Can't wait

• Like Like x 1
  7. I was talked out of placing a bet on MM to win his first season. My uncle said it was a stupid waste of money and he'd spend most of his time binning it. Thanks [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Be called Timo wouldn't it? :Bag:

9. I don't think many people would have taken the bet. Can you remember the odds?

10. I was planning on putting a tenner down at about 40/1. It was an option with Bet365 if I remember rightly.

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Don't do football... no motors in it [emoji6]

13. I dont do football either,Im a Coventry fan.:(

14. That's because it's a Marlboro Ducati ;-)

"Marlboro has been the title sponsor since 2003, although its name does not currently appear on the team's motorcycle. This comes at a time when advertising of tobacco sponsorship has become illegal in the European Union and other major teams have withdrawn from relationships with tobacco companies, for example Yamaha ended their five-year relationship with Fortuna/Gauloises."

15. All part of the VW family :)

16. Yes, the Spanish part.

17. had a bet that first year with a friend of a friend who raced lc's years ago and fancies himself as a bit of an expert. I said mm was one to watch and he bet me a hundred that mm wouldn't win a race! Never got the money off the fucker.

18. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. looked into putting a bet on mv to take it 2017 and it was 11/4. That's pretty shit odds. I don't bet much but but would have thought 10/1 given there is still 2 testings to go and although I rate him very highly he's not an alien yet.

20. lol! Exactly! Loved that episode!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information