1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M7rr Or Should I Try The New S21, Or Diablo Rosso Iii

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Dr.D, Mar 22, 2016.

1. I just got them last month on the 996. Love them, transformed the bike from the old tyres. I only do road use on them .

• Like Like x 1
  2. And milleage? Any feedback?

3. um, done about 150 mls. Really like them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hi

Well, about 700 miles on the Rosso 111s. Lots more feedback with these tyres. It feels as if the tyre is moving about on the road so took a bit of getting used to. Had to double check the pressures, but just a different feeling.

They turn in quicker than the 11s, but newer tyres will feel better anyway.
    Only used on dry roads, not track or wet so can't comment on those aspects.

In short, really pleased with them, now I've got used to the feeling of them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. First short ride today after surgery!!!!
    Testing starts tomorrow!!:Nailbiting:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Done 200 dry miles on Diablo Rosso 3s.....really good tyre, impressed.
    Easy turn in, very stable when over and wasn't to concerned with running them in. Never once gave an issue in the first 200 miles.

Dont think the compare (like for like) with old rosso 2s....which were aimed more at sports/tourers. The new 3s are defo aimed towards the fast(er) sports end of market.

See what happens when it rains.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Lets us know the mileage. I'm getting about 2000 miles from an M7RR rear on my SDR and 2500 from the same on the Streetfighter for comparison.
    I have ridden over 300 miles with the M7s in torrential rain on the SDR and it didn't occur to me till afterwards because I was too busy being miserable, that I hadn't altered the traction control. It was still in Sport with quite an aggressive throttle and I never gave a thought to the tyres. i forgot they were there, which is what you want in the rain, and never had a single slip. They performed perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. First run on Rossi 3's, running in.....
    I started out a bit gingerly, first roundabout, 1st gear, slipping clutch, lean in and smile, very nice feel to slow turn in's, full of feel even at such low speeds, roll throttle on out and beautiful, bike is very light.... let's crack on a bit now............... 15 miles later, medium speed A roads, jump off, how hot are the tyres? Its hot, much hotter than I expected, I can see the oils leaching out towards the edge of my lean, all the oil has gone from the contact patch, these are running in very quickly!! Great, and then I'm thinking that their running in like supersport tyres.........
    arrive at work, so how did I feel.......
    well I wasn't riding gingerly at 25 miles in, super feel and feedback from the front wheel, turn in, doesn't fall over and cause a brown stain moment but the bike feels sooo light I'm not working hard at all, once its set in the lean it certainly feels firm, tracks the corner perfectly, a couple of times I had to re-adjust myself mid corner, my fault, not the tyres, quick push on the bars and its over further and still just as stable,
    braking hard on the front is confidence building, my previous Metzeler z8's never felt this stable, how hard did I brake on running them in?....... the rear wheel was off the ground!!
    something I do need to check out though is the rear feel, the last 10 miles of quick riding and the rear felt squirmy, upright rolling off throttle, engine braking and ive got something happening, its too early to say if its running in feel, pressure adjustment needed or the rebuild of my bike which needs a re-tighten and alignment check, i'll report back on this feeling in the next 300 miles to update you all,
    overall first good run, very confidence inspiring, these are not a direct replacement for the Rosso 2 sports tourers, these are definitely more sports orientated, bike is lovely and light and stays put in a corner, these have definitely improved my bike, these are more sports than tourer's by a long way........
    ....more to come.........

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yep - great write up. Much the same feelings. Can seem to adjust bike in corners with no issues on a good lean - a point my mate following me noticed.
    What pressures are you running - I am running 34f/38r and have had no squirmy moments.
    Mine are fully run in now - even had a spin in the rain and while not pusing it, felt very confident.
    Defo a big improvement on the rosso 2s....

10. Sold! will be my next front...to match the unique 180/60 rosso 2 in the back! Dam size

11. what bike? 190/55 not fit?

12. Monster 821

13. 190/55 would fit.

14. As has been pointed out, new tyres with their design profile intact are always going to feel a million times better than knackered tyres with a triangular front and squared off rear.

That said, it's great to get such impressive feedback form people who know what they are talking about - how do these Rosso 3s compare to say Michelin 2 CTs price -wise??

15. If you search about you can get Rosso 3s (in streetfighter size 190/55) for 230 a pair.

16. I thought they should be 32/34?

17. Be wary of low pressures. Fine on the track but unless you can guarantee you're really going to work them hard on the road and get them properly hot, track pressures for road riding can feel squirmy. I've found this with M7s anyway. I think it seems to be the way with the new breed of fast road tyres.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Much 2ct's are far cheaper, close to £35 cheaper a pair, I would say the main factor here would be wet weather riding with Rosso3 being better, and new model bikes having equally new technology in their tyres, as mentioned before on here, 2ct remain the tyre of choice for the first 3 models of Yam R1's & R6's, cause it sticks very well, falls into turns and the yam helps hold its line very well all for the price it comes in at

19. Had a 2006 R1 on 2ct's. A great tyre but think the Rosso 3s pip them slightly (on first impression). Seem to heat up just a tad quicker. Whether thats worth 35 quid more - not sure??

On pressures - agree with Gimlet. If on track, drop them a tad. For road stick to manufacturers pressures. But each to there own...which ever works.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I go just below manufacturers pressures at 38R/35F. They grip ok at full full recommended pressures but its a harsh ride.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information