1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Mains Bearings

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by slinky848, Apr 10, 2017.

1. it shocks me to read you have got a larger (quicker starting) cable to have less voltage drop.

and i had noticed my 848's clock changing when i first bought it hasn't done it in a while but you think its the labour guven when starting that your cables will not do? sounds good exige,

do you know if anything but the sude fairings need removing for the installation of this? (generally any further i would get someone else to do it)

i will say you exi'ded my thoughts on yourself for designing this yourself. very impressive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cheers :) if it helps I can send the fitting instructions, on the 848 I'm afraid its fairing side off / battery box off and hinged outwards for the solenoid to starter motor cable fitment - the other two are straightforward. Not too difficult but easier with someone to help hold / support the battery box.

3. ive currently already had my battery out already to charge out due to me leaving the parking light on without realising.

so i think taking the battery box off shouldnt be too dufficult if the bolts are easy ish to get to.

got a few parts still to fit to it but once theyre done ill give you a message about it. its not somthing im dying to do. i kind if dont mind the slow turnover when it starts. almost like it but to help voltage drop and stop dash resets...

4. It predominantly stops the voltage drop to the starter - people have mentioned electrical gremlins have disappeared on clocks when fitting but I think this is a coincidence as I'm not sure why this would be the case. The slow engagement of the starter sprag clutch is where damage is done with the slow starting!

• Like Like x 1
  5. as i say its not done it after ive owned it a while, maybe frequent use simply fixes it. i had thought the drain on the little battery was too high when starting but now i think it may be something else, not all that bothered. its a super bike not an alarm clock.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information