1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manx 2017

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by quantuman, Oct 19, 2016.

1. This week the Steam Packet are now taking bookings for sailings to next years 2017 Manx....

If your like me, going in a van, I suggest you book now, and get those sensible time slots, (to arrive during the day,) and from a port you prefer... (this year I could only get Douglas arrival at 10.15pm. No fun when trying to locate the camp site in the dark and pissing rain)

I also booked my hotel 4 weeks ago and struggled to find a (twin) room... ( I wanted Douglas sea front/Prom) Most were fully booked!! ended up booking my 10 day holiday in one hotel for 8 days, and another hotel for the other 2 days!...LOL...

This year I traveled via my Citroen Relay van (on my own) with my bike inside, the 2016 Ferry cost was £310 for Van and 1 passenger....

For my 2017 trip, Steam Packet are offering a slight discount, if your booking a Commercial Vehicle (under 2.5M high) BUT using it for private purposes and not Trade....

2017 Ferry is costing me £278! For van and 2 passengers! With that saving, it'll pay for over 12 pints of Okells or Bushy's !!

#1 quantuman, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. I've mangled to book a ferry and hotel (wife wont camp :rage:)
    But you're right, they are all selling out bloomin quick!

3. Yes I reluctantly camped at Laxey for the last Manx....

I couldn't get any homestay/lodgings, or Hotels, in Douglas at all, when trying to book last January..

When and where did you book the hotel?

5. Ahhhh whats the Best Western like? I'm there for 8 days! Then onto the Empress....

The Sefton looks very posh.....

6. It's okay, nowt posh but good enough.
    We tried to get in again at the western as the parking was good. But it was fully booked.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information