1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Missing Spacer.

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Paul996, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Hi Everyone, I'll try and explain!
    I have recently renewed the clutch on my 996.
    After reassembly the clutch didn't work, Some time later after a bit of research I discovered that my Oberon slave cylinder has a spacer inside it. This is now missing.
    I am pretty sure the pushrod that goes through the centre of the main shaft goes from one side of the engine to the other, so no chance of it being inside the engine?? It must be on the floor in my garage ( I hope).
    I would appreciate if anyone can ease my mind before I find out the hard way.

Cheers,
    Paul.

2. Thread moved

3. Don't panic, It's on the floor. It can't go in the engine. Oberon will probably sell you the spacer.

4. Ps, the shaft can pull out either way, you should be able to push it through from one side to the other.

5. Ps, the shaft can pull out either way, you should be able to push it through from one side to the other.

6. I think I still have mine somewhere (not needed on 999), I can send it to you in case yours is lost.

7. Or just cut an old bolt down.

8. Thanks, it's what I thought. Just needed a bit of reassurance.
    Nice one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the generous offer. I apreitate it. I've. Already replaced it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Great minds eh. That's what I did to get the clutch to work.
    Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information