1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 1200r Just Purchased

Discussion in 'Monster' started by Oly, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Contacting Ducati UK isn't straightforward think you have to go via Italy .
    I would call and give them the chance to make things good.I didn't see how your bike was advertised but with only 238 miles on I think it's fair enough to expect your purchase to be in perfect condition.

2. I suggest you ask another Ducati dealer to confirm what recall and warranty work has been carried out. There is a remote but realistic possibility that a new speedo has been fitted which would explain a lot. If you don't want to do it yourself please feel free to pm me with reg, engine and frame number and I will happily ask the question of my dealer workshop. Andy

3. Thanks Andy. I wondered whether the bike may have been sold and returned, I can't understand why a dealer would remove the reflectors on the forks??

4. The dealer was ducati croyden or inmoto.
    I thought they would be reputable.
    The ducati was described as new condition which is why I had to arrange to get my bmw couriered to them and they could
    Inspect it there. As there was no doubt about the condition of theirs.

5. Rev is LC16 AGU

I can email
    You a copy of the sales invoice, eng. number is on that

6. Good luck on you're efforts with DUK. Hope you can get them on a day when they want to actually do something about a customer complaint.

Enough said on that front from me.

7. I think the reg will be enough so I'll ask. Andy

8. Just spoke and I need the VIN. Feel free to pm the info. Andy

9. I cant help thinking that this is not a Ducati UK issue, its not faults in the manufacturing of the subsequently damaged parts , its a dealer description issue. Why not reinstate the front fork reflectors to cover the damage on them ? The tank paint damage is however a different matter, that will need a lot more detailed attention.

10. I've looked for replacement reflectors but can't find any

11. The dealer you bought them from should send you some.

Ducati UK are responsible for arranging the dealer network. Guessing that you have spoken to Inmoto Croyden. 1st of all? If you have exhausted all discussions with Inmoto then Ducati UK are your next option. However be mindful that they tend to be on the dealers side not the Customers, which I feel is wrong but that's my opinion.

12. As samieb said, the dealer should get them for you . The problem with going through Ducati UK is that the sale and therefore contract is with the supplying dealer not DUK. As upset as you are which is completely understandable, I would give the dealer the chance to "make good" which I'm sure they will try in this circumstance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I accepted their offer of a refund on the courier. £168
    I didn't have much choice as the courier that delivered my bmw was getting itchy as he wanted to leave,
    I tried to get something more substantial but failed. They told me that was it , I could
    Cancel the deal if I wanted but I would
    Lose two
    Courier fees, plus the deal was good
    And I want the ducati . It's just going to be a fag getting it sorted

14. Original ones part no 52910012A £4.50 each

• Like Like x 1
  15. Great, is there an online shop
    I can get them from?

16. Can you not just spin the fork in the yokes, this will hide the chips.

17. Talk to Craig at Moto Rapido, 01962877998 option 1, and he'll post them out if in stock or order them. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Surely there is a better option than refitting the fork reflectors?!?!???!?!!?

19. My two penneth....

This isn't a warranty issue unless you can prove a manufacturer defect, which from your description it's not, it appears to be damage caused by either use or lack of care when in use or being worked on.

The way I see this is that's it's a dealer issue, not accurately describing the item for sale and therefore any rectification or remedy is not a DUK issue. I think you have two choices:

Cancel the deal as item is not as described or have a serious discussion with the seller about who pays to remedy the issues. They may well bulk at paying for new fork legs and the paint arguing "reasonable wear and tear" (difficult in 280 odd miles) but may well offer a compromise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. sticking pins in your eye is better than refitting the reflectors

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information