1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster 600 Reduced Performance

Discussion in 'Monster' started by venners, Mar 30, 2017.

1. After my recent problems with my 96 monster I thought that I was turning the corner with this bike but oh no I was wrong. So I have changed the belts plugs air and oil filter changed the oil checked the valve clearances and charged the battery. The bike runs and idles really well but on taking the bike out I realized that power seemed restricted some how. It gets off the mark quickly revs to a point then seems to stop pulling same thing in every gear.It's like it has a rev limiter on it! I'm wondering if the vacuum fuel pump is at fault as the fuel is low.

2. Does it have a restrictor kit on it , some are fitted for 47hp limit. On that model I think they are orifice plates in the inlet manifolds.

3. Lol they are only about 47hp full power!

No rev limiter but runs out of steam by 8500-9000

4. The 600 supposed to make 53 , I'm running a 620 which makes a little more but restrictor kits do exist for them. The carby ones get an orifice plate which restricts flow in the manifolds and the injection models get a throttle opening restrictor which basically stops it opening to max.

5. Having raced them I can assure you a std 600 is lucky to make 48. With stage 2 jets and filter and air box lid off and open cans 52 :)

6. Limit when they were brought out was 33hp so still makes sense. Seems everyone is a racer these days

7. Ha yes a 33hp limit was done on some in U.K.

Could be: new bike syndrome having had bigger bikes before or jet/air filter/igniters/various electrical issues but they tend to drop to one cylinder rather than feel like a limiter.

8. How long have you had it and had it always felt a a little flat?

9. You know it won't rev past about 9k anyway, right?! It's not an inline four that'll rev into the teens!

10. I do (well without performance igniters) don't know about the OP ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information