1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monster Wheels On St2

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by DarkJon, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Does anyone know if the 5 spoke wheels from an '03 Monster would fit on the ST2?

Mine's an '01 plate ST2 (but it's really a '98 bike with the gold frame and duff electrics that needed replacing etc), and as far as I can find the front should be ok by at worst swapping out the front bearings (which I'd do anyway tbh). But what about the rear? I think the Monster uses a 25mm spindle(?), what about the ST2? The closest I can find in the various Ducati parts manuals is that the '00 ST2 and '02 Monster 620ie have the same part number for the rear spindle, whilst the '03 ST4S, and Monster S, use the shorter spindle due to the alloy swing arm? So, would the wheel fit with my existing spindle's diameter?

EDIT - May just have answered my own question. Had a brain wave and checked the wheel bearing part numbers, all the same! Assuming a '98 ST2 is fundamentally the same as an '00 ST2 (can't find a '98 parts manual)

Cheers,

Jon

#1 DarkJon, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Later Monsters used a 25mm spindle whilst earlier models a 17mm but you can interchange the wheels/spindles by changing just the bearings and the spacer tube between them.

Assuming they have the same sprocket carrier setup then I don't see why the rear Monster wheel shouldn't fit an ST2? Is it a 4.5" or 5.5" because different models of Monster use the different widths, although they should be interchangeable.

The front should be the same fitting as are most Ducatis pre the later 5 bolt disc spacing...

3. It's from a Monster 1000 so I'm pretty sure it'd be 5.5", and the sprocket carrier setup looks the same, not the single side arm type of the S2R etc.

The front is the 6 bolt pattern too so that's ok.

4. Probably not very helpful, but I have red five-spoke Monster wheels on my ST4 (sorry, can't remember what Monster they cam off)...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information