1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More Namby Pamby Rules

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by RickyX, Mar 2, 2016.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. yip. think face book has done more damage to kids than a contact sport ever could. i blame the parents.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. I played rugby from an early age and if anything, it toughened me up. Getting a pair of studs in your face from mistimed tackle teaches you to time them better or run him down faster [emoji106]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. I played rugby from an early age and if anything, it toughened me up. Getting a pair of studs in your face from mistimed tackle teaches you to time them better or run him down faster [emoji106]

4. Did nothing for your short-term memory though, huh?

:)

• Funny Funny x 16
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. That or my phone didn't have enough signal to get the handshake back to confirm my post, so it sent it again. Bloody trains and tunnels.

Probably the short-term memory thing though.

Get this, I've heard somewhere they're talking about banning tackling in under 18's rugby! Can you believe it?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. what there looking to do is have an opt out for school kids.
    fair point i guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. In my last year of school rugby we played the local sixth form college. I wish that tackling had been outlawed then. :coldsweat::coldsweat:.

8. One of the boys at my daughters school was tackled and got whip lash and hurt his back after being taken down
    He is only I slight lad.

There is a constant stream of broken feet arms elbows ankles coming out of it too

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good job that we don't have such restrictive nanny state rules here in EU land! :smile:

10. They'll be stopping under 18 bike racing next in case they fall off and break something [emoji848]

• Like Like x 1
  11. I think they are right.

It is one thing for children and young adults to voluntarily accept the risks associated with activities such as rugby but it is entirely different for them to be forced to play it. Rugby, and some other contact sports, produce a steady stream of injuries as @Ducbird has said, some of which are life changing or worse, and to make it compulsory is just not appropriate.

I have spent most of my life participating in high risk sports, and friends of mine have died pursuing those sports, but it was my choice and mine alone.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  12. They'll be banning teenage sex next!

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Or worse... Teenage pregnancy

• Like Like x 1
  14. Eff off you limp wristed bunch of emasculated wimps. I have played Rugby all my life and cherish the memories of my toughest games. I've had two broken clavicles, broken ribs, torn calf, broken toes, broken fingers and I would do it all over again. The game of rugby can have a huge positive affect on a young person and has without doubt the best ethos of any team sport.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I must have missed the bit where kids were being 'forced' to play

It should be down to choice

Enjoyed playing lacrosse at school and the bangs on the head may account for a lot ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. :Hilarious:

And for the ones that rugby doesn't help ... who needs 'em! Stomp the little sissies!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. My wife is a teacher and she told me that amount of unbelievably mollycoddled children she gets is rising. Kids need some toughening up and some tough love. It's this thing of teaching kids from a young age that they are delicate and vulnerable that means they cry at the slightest thing. Then they learn via gaming all of this violence, but can't associate it with any real life pain they've experienced so they happily dole it out on others. Let's also throw in that recent news article about the army not being able to swear at recruits and what have we got...

A generation of wimps and art graduates who get mugged by the real world their whole lives as they can't defend themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I was forced to play football, a game I hated and still do, at school until I rebelled in the 5th form.

If kid are given the choice in schools today then that is great and how it should be, but I suspect it isn't.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information