1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moto Morini Corsaro

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gliddofglood, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Well, yes, I know I've been quiet lately.
    And no, I haven't bought a Moto Morini Corsaro. But I have been riding around on one for a month or so, though no longer as I have had to give it back.
    I wrote about what I thought of it on my blog here.
    I now have more to say on that subject but I'll only bother elucidating if anyone asks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Is this one of the bikes which was being flogged off dirt cheap in 2010/11 when Morini went broke?

3. No idea, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that.
    Why else would my dealer have ended up with it as his personal bike? I can't think it would be his first choice, all things being equal.

4. Almost considered buying a new Corsaro Veloce (from the new company - still going as far as I know) before opting for the Streetfighter. Buying off the internet, which is the only way to get one, and a total absence of a dealer network scared me off. Didn't even ride one in the end - no demo bikes available. Always intrigued me though. Its a shame the company can't take off and get established in the conventional manner. It strike me there's a huge amount of development potential in that engine.

5. There's definitely potential in tweaking the fuelling. It's not really very good.
    For a start, it's a thirsty bike and the comments I wrote on the blog turned out to be true. Reserve after 220 kms (say 135 miles) which for an 18 litre tank isn't great by any means. This translates into a motor that really isn't very happy below 4000, and not that comfortable riding at a steady 4500. Bearing in mind that the redline is at 8000 and that the gearing is high, that doesn't (a) leave you a lot to work with and (b) it's really only happy at illegal speeds (though those speeds will be less illegal in the UK than they are in Switzerland).
    Starts first stab at the button every time - great.
    It makes quite a decent motorbike sound. Farts pleasingly on the over-run, although it does sound a bit like a big single. At least it doesn't sound like the stock anaemic Multistrada (but then being older, it's probably not up to snuff with latest Euro regs).
    Quite sensitive to tyre pressures - at least with Michelin Power 3s. A couple of psi make a big difference. It's very soggy if they aren't hard enough.
    Can't fault the comfort. Good seat.
    Not good in town as you can't really find a trundling speed at which it is happy. Still, it's a lot better here than the MV Rivale.
    You tend to find yourself riding around the engine foibles which is a pain. You don't get that in a car. Ducatis are streets ahead here.
    Bearing in mind that you've got a 1200cc motor, you sort of wonder. What's the point of all that engine capacity? Ducati did better with less.
    As a commuter, it's a bit disappointing. But I did a longer ride (a bit over 100 miles) over the Jura to visit a friend and it was great fun in the twisties when you could spank it.
    Still think it looks a bit so-so.

6. Glad I didn't buy one now.
    I think the Granpasso version in adventure and motard form is more successful aesthetically. I even quite like the hard stare of its bird-like face.

Its a shame the company has struggled the way it has because its meant the resources haven't been there to develop the bikes. Back in 2006 or whenever it was that the Moto Morini name was resurrected, the bikes were competitive and well received but since then other better funded marques have left them behind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Welcome back :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. I have a granpasso. It is wonderful but too tall unfortunately. The engine and chassis are glorious.

IMG_0429.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Seat looks comfortable. Does the screen work and how to you get on with spares and servicing?

10. Screen works fine. North Leicester motorcycles can get all the OEM parts. They do the servicing but I used Bennetts at Barnsley to do a major service a few weeks ago. There is also an active owners club that help. The seat is really comfortable.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information