1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mts Fuel Sensor Error On 2013 1200s

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by PikesPeakSimon, Feb 19, 2017.

1. I have a 2013 1200s and 20 miles into my first ride out this year the fuel gauge went blank, the engine management logo illuminated and the fuel light is flashing, with Fuel Sensor error message.

I can see from the forums I'm not the first but threads seem to be quiet since 2014, so have I got an old failure prone sensor on my bike and is the current version OK?

I bought the bike in 2015 and took it to a main dealer for a service, who I hope attended to any software updates, but I cannot be sure.

Since then I've fitted a decat and had the ECU remapped to suit, so I'm concerned if I take it into a main dealer they will flash the ECU back to standard?

Last year I took the bike to Ducati independent who could fix it but I guess won't help me get anything under warranty, albeit that the fuel sensor looks like it's been a big problem on early models.

Anyone got any advice?

2. Your bike is unlikely to have the latest revision of the sender which is hardware not software. Like me, your bike has been lucky only to been affected this late, mine (a 2012 model) went about a month ago. Sender is only £60 but a 3 hour job to fit. There is a post that said there was a general Ducati technical note to dealers to replace the part foc (sadly not labour) if one comes in. My supplying and servicing dealer didn't but I got a good will contribution. Andy

3. I had the same problem a short while ago with a 2014 Multistrada. The bike was due a service so I had the sensor replaced at the same time. As in Andy's case I got a good will contribution from Ducati but had to pay the labour costs.

4. Thanks folks, I will speak to my local dealers and see what they say - useful to know Ducati will replace foc. So far been unimpressed by Ducati main dealers, but a good independent near me, Forza Italia, Silverstone, who I've used a couple of times already.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information