1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Engine Error

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dealy, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Hi all just started the multi up after standing for month and engine error light on bike running fine any ideas seems to have been because standing for little while heard that DUCATI advise just take for blast over 6k revs and it will clear ? Itself any views on this

2. That sounds like good advice, not sure if it'll clear the problem though ;)

3. Exhaust valve stuck maybe?

4. Tried that had covers off and oiled but was opening and closing ok I try taking it out for blast tomorrow see what happens let you know

5. As well as the "Engine" light coming on does it not show an error in the round dash window?
    A faulty exhaust valve should show "EXVL ERROR"

6. There are so many sensors that could be the cause - I've had the engine management light come on twice and had new TPS and lambda sensor fitted.

7. Hi all update on strada engine light it does say engine error in window thought take out for blast as advised thought pop into seestar super bikes they seem helpful bunch in there when been before near Norwich on way to visit friend near Cromer bout 100 miles sure enough light went off within 20miles so didn't call in seestars bloody thing came back on about 2 miles past them lol and still on 100 miles later bike is running fine but on plus side had lovely 200 mile blast so smile on face do love the strada but looks like call to DUCATI any recommendations I live in Essex ? Might try plugging in my old reader see if communicates first

8. Hi all you need adaptor for standard old reader for Ducati went on reviews for Ducati Essex hyside at Romford my closest but had bad review on here so rang to see response and have to say spoke to technician very helpful said could plug and read for me but helpful with what I already done, so going to book in for full service ( normally do own maintenance ) and see how I get on with them even said they will lend me bike while mine being done, so let you know how I get on .

9. What was the issue as mine come on but us running fine

10. If battery gets below a certain threshold the warning light can come on. 5 or so ignition cycles made it go away on my 1260 which coincided with me riding to the dealer to get it sorted :rolleyes::D

Do Not Sell My Personal Information