1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Multistrada Navihalter Mount Measurements

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Martijn, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Thanks for making go out into the freezing cold to try it :grimacing:
    Yes..... enough room to get thumb and finger behind sat nav to adjust the screen height and tried with winter gloves on :wink:

2. Awesome thanks

3. Is it quite a sturdy mount ie not too much movement / wobble cheers Mark

4. I just spoke with my Ducati dealer and he says that Ducati will also make a navigation mount like the navihalter. It will be available around March. Pricing will be a bit less then 100 euro. He can already see it in his ordering system and has ordered a couple.

Edit: I see a new mount on the Ducati accessories page for the multistrada 950. It's called the high mount.

cod. 96680581A

It doesn't have a picture

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

5. haven't ridden with it yet but I would say .... yes

6. Great I may pick one up as they have 20% off till sun eve

• Like Like x 1
  7. This site: Ducati Lodi Web Store
    Claims the high mount also fits the 1200 not just the 950. Think I order one and see if it fits.

8. Yes, my Ducati dealer also says it fits all types according to their ordering system. Still unclear though if it will fit all types of GPS systems. There is no picture of the front. I want to mount a tomtom on it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Hopefully it will be like the navihalter on the front. I also want it for the Tomtom rider.
    Ordering it today if Ducati have it in stock.
    I will let you know if the Tomtom fits when its delivered.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mmm so good news and not so good news.
    Good news: You can order the 96680581A from Ducati, of which they do two variations one for the enduro and one for the 950 and 1200 dvt. They cost £69 inc vat.
    And you should be able to mount the Garmin or Tomtom to the faceplate.

Not so good news: None are available until March 2017.

I have ordered one from Moto Rapido. I mentioned that a few people were looking for them, so they said they will order a few of them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hello sir, did you able to mount TomTom Rider to Ducati Navihalter mount? Did you use any adapter or it fix directly? Thank you

12. When I got my bike I ordered the Ducati mount and when I went to collect it they said the tomtom did not fit so put me a ram mount on for free.

It’s ok but not ideal so I will be looking to somehow make a bracket to mount above the clocks.

13. Any news on the tomtom fitting ok?

Going to on yer bike Thursday and I “might” order one if ok.

Thanks

14. Can't see Ducati making it suitable for the Tomtom, as the Ducati unit they sell now is for their branded Garmin 390 so why would they make it to suite a Tomtom. Hope I'm wrong ?

15. But surely with a big hammer, lots of chisels and the odd socket I am sure one can adapt it?.

I did once put a rover V8 engine and gearbox into a Ford Capri, so hopefully one of us can manufacture something to allow a tomtom to fit.

16. If one has a big hammer with lots of chisels, one is more than qualified one would say @BigAlan :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. p.s. Why would one want to ruin a sublime Ford Capri with a Rover engine ?
    Why not purchase a 3ltre Ford Capri instead ;)

18. I hadn’t got one, but I had the rover one sat doing nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Must say I do still like the Mk1 Capri's

20. Having just purchased a new navihalter mounting it. Ones with a small right angled bit of chrome metal, it also has from the pictures above a screw going through the main body which has a point on the end, so I guess this fits onto the chrome bit? But god knows how, when I slide it down the screw seems to simply go in to nothing, am I missing something here or just being daft as usual. Good bit of kit I have to say.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information