1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Ducati

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Titaniumstevek, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Hi guys, thought I should introduce myself. My name's Steve and I live just outside of Lincoln, the titanium name thing relates to my bicycles past and present, I am a very keen cyclist who rides on road but primarily off-road / cross country. Well, that was until I tore my meniscus last year. Just had the operation and now convalescing.
    Currently riding a '77 Bonneville T140V but dipping my toe back into the water of modern (ish) machinery. Just yesterday I purchased a 1098 Streetfighter, I've always loved the look of them but I totally understand that not all share my view concerning this beast, hey ho and each to their own eh?
    Love back lane Riding, I don't hang around but I'm not a nutter - anymore! Regularly stop at Willingham Woods for a cuppa.
    Hope to see you guys out and about over the summer!

Cheers
    Steve

2. Welcome to the forum:)

3. Streetfighter....definately on my to do list one of those....almost bought one last ducati purchase but fell for a 3rd hypermotard....welcome to the forum.

4. Welcome Dave

5. Thanks guys. There seems to be some fantastic looking machinery on here.

6. Hey Steve,
    I'm just off the A158 suffering the woes of various closed roads and diversions around the Outer Circle area.
    I got my new (well, new to me) Multistrumpet a couple of weeks ago and I still haven't been able to find time to get out on it.
    Welcome to the forum.

7. Hi DJ,
    I try and give myself an hour on the bike when the weather is okay otherwise before you know it too much time has gone by and the bad weather starts closing in again!

8. Nice one :upyeah:

9. Welcome Steve.

10. Hello and welcome into the madhouse Steve

I broke my meniscus I feel your pain
    Rest up and do your physio

What do you think of red :D

11. Red is a wonderful colour....:smile:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. @Titaniumstevek

Welcome, theres a few of us from around the county meeting tomorrow and having a run out tomorrow if you fancy it? 2pm meet at Italia Moto then blast out to willingham...

There is a 2017 Lincolnshire ride out and meets thread on here too if you'd like to meet some more locals ;)

13. You can come in :D

14. Hello and welcome :grinning:

15. welcome, join another group if you so wish!

Ducati Forum

16. Hi and welcome,must say I do like the streetfighter,it will be my next Ducati when I semi retire the 916.I've just had my meniscus removed it tore a flipped over sitting in joint.hopeing to have my first ride back on bike today after a month.
    Put some pics of the beast up.

17. Pics of bins and bikes are the law around here :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I haven't took delivery yet... Pics when it gets delivered on Sunday!

• Like Like x 1
  19. What I would like to source for it would be some lovely Termigs or an Austin racing exhaust - cool as f...

20. Meniscus tear was very bad, it's the second time I've done it to that knee! This time they also had to remove a strand of plica that was supposed to have been removed four years ago and file/clean up the bone. Ouch! Really painful this time around, as it's my left knee I'm unable to operate the car clutch without a lot of pain. Seeing consultant again tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information