1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon My First Ride

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by mervyn, Oct 2, 2015.

1. At last I have managed to get a ride on my new Scrambler,a red Icon.:upyeah:
    Nice and easy to move out of the garage,not to heavy and with a nice low centre of gravity.Nice and easy to mount,the tail is a full 7" lower than my SF.
    So, off we go.one of the first things I notice is how light the clutch is,difficult to believe it is cable operated.The wing mirrors actually work as well,I don't have to bend my body to see what's behind me.
    This bike is acting like a little puppy,straining at the leash,and waiting to run away.Nice bit of torque,this thing likes a bit of a gallop.I like it.:)
    Good slow speed running as well,nicely balanced and the engine very docile.I only encountered a bit of first gear 'over eagerness once'.Just a case of getting to know the bike I suppose.
    Nice gear shift,I didn't encounter any false neutrals.Rev counter not that brilliant to read but luckily I can tell from engine feel that I am not labouring or screaming the engine.
    After about 20 miles I encountered my first gripe,the seat.My bottom was aching:Arghh::(.Another 10 miles and I couldn't feel a thing.My bottom had gone completely numb.
    I will get the seat sorted and I will end up with something that is a real hoot to ride.:upyeah:
    The Scrambler is light,chuckable,and refreshing to ride.I don't know what it would be like for taller riders,but for my 5ft 8" I find the riding position great,and I had no cramping up of my legs.
    Today is also the anniversary of my new offside hip.Hip Hip Hooray.:):)

DSC_0110.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  2. yip, i remember mine. magic.
    looks good in red btw. :smile:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Looks very nice :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice one Merv. Not sure how different the Classic seat is but I start to get numb after about 150 miles :)

I'm sure once you sort that you will have a proper laugh on it. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Looks lovely Merv
    Makes me more determined to get one when I can afford one :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Going to start riding again then?????

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Red looks better than yellow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. @MERV @mervyn are prone to scramblers :smile: I have done a 180 (not literally) on this bike as when I look at the alternatives bearing in mind the exact category.. well there aren't any. For an early market decision - Audi got it right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yes when I get one
    Never wanted to give in just wasn't the right bike the monster

:)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Cool, good on ya, what colour?

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Yellow :Oldman:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Great write up. I am sold on this bike. The Icon model I looked at had the GS looky likey small splash/mud guard and the sales brochures show it too. Is this an optional thing? The brochures show the normal rear mud guard as yours for the Classic model. Looks well in red.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hi ducatijones.The front mudguard is as standard supply with the Icon.I had the rear number plate thing changed for a tail tidy.Think it is an Evotech one.Next thing might be a Termi,or a cool makeover for me.No,make it the Termi.:)

#13 mervyn, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
Do Not Sell My Personal Information