1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Lids: Ready For This Year. ( Hopefully Only Metaphorically Speaking! )

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Shoboshi, Feb 4, 2017.

1. After a long and miserable time off my Mut, or is that nut!, I thought I'd show you my XLites.
    Got my 802RR (Stareus- Italian flag) last October as I wanted the updated model of the helmet that saved me in 2015. For track days, short blasts, days out.... work! etc

And after much trying of other makes, Arai, Shoei, Schuberth, Shark, HJC etc, I treated myself (again!) to the 551 Adv style, as I am hoping to put some miles in this year and wanted a drop down internal visor and that " he must be off round the world look ", plus something different.

The best other was the Shoei Gt Air but price was too steep plus the colour scheme I wanted has been discontinued (Regalia)

All in all, great fit, beautifully made and great price too. Hope you like.

Well I've shown you mine what about yours.?

Anything new for this coming season.?

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

#1 Shoboshi, Feb 4, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Treated myself to a new arai rxv in black frost. Yet to wear on the bike tho. At least the Mrs and child had some fun with it!

20161231_123607.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

3. Nice Edwards Rep too..

Used to love Rx7 models but they changed interior shape a little some time ago and my big ear didn't like it.!

4. Gonna try out a Suomy. Very light, lovely fit. Visor very easy to change

IMG_0248.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. New lid for me too shoei gt air expanse in black red looking forward to trying on the PP mutley.

6. Couple of mine
    New AGV Corsa Iannone - yet to be worn
    AGV Pista - custom paint
    AGV Pista - Guy Martin special
    AGV AX8 - Guy Martin - for the Scrambler
    Old Arai - hopper rep

IMG_00001084.jpg

IMG_00001373.jpg

IMG_00002212.jpg

IMG-20130728-00015.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. Just bought the xlite 802rr motogp but not worn it yet, Also have the shoei nxr that ive fitted with headphones for when I'm on standby with work, Get sick of stopping every 20mins to check mobile, Fingers crossed I gel with the 802rr, Nxr is a cracking lid, The 802rr imo is the nicest looking lid ive had

8. :Wideyed:

article-1322931-0BB9BCA9000005DC-500_468x621.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Any pics :)

10. 2017-02-07 14.51.55.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. I had the same Moto Gp 802rr (earlier version; red interior)

Great helmet.. Possibly the comfiest helmet I've ever owned.

And the Shoei's nice too.!

12. Ha ha.. Funny fugger.! :tearsofjoy:

That made me laugh...:upyeah:

13. Nice.... Nice.... Nice....

And .....NICE.!!!

You Sir, have too much money but the good sense to spend it.!..:)....:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Desmo is not mine, helmet wise in have worked overtime to get these and I buy and sell a lot to get these still don't have no where near as much money as some on here

15. My new Arai Rebel, yet to be worn on the bike.
    WP_20161223_001.jpg WP_20161223_002.jpg

#15 mick e, Feb 11, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 2

16. Yep... understood.

But we mere common people appreciate things so much more.!..:wink:

17. Oh dear I have too many (3 more not pictured!)
    [​IMG]
    RX7 Corsair V, Chaser V "Haga", Quantum F "Walker" Signed, Simpson Outlaw, Tour X III, Diesel (AGV) Hi Jack, Corsa Tartaruga. selling Corsa soon as I never wear it for fear of a stonechip !
    no the shoes are not mine :) (They belong to Emelda Marcos AKA the Wife) ;)
    Regards
    Rick

#17 Cobra88, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. I'm the same, far too many and all Arai (apart from one). I'm deperately trying to resist the new Arai TT2017 rep. I only really only wear a plain black RX-7 GP and the rest are on display in my home office.

#18 Robarano, Mar 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2017
  19. I tend to bin mine when I'm finished with them, though I still have an Arai RX7GP and the newer Arai RX7V for my Pani and an AGV RP60 for my Scrambler :)

20. Had my Simpson relined under warranty so it had to go back to Texas. They were pretty good about it. They said that when i bought mine they had switched from their usual supplier (how unlucky was that) and mine in the space of a year literally disintegrated internally. Had simpsons all my life (my other one is 20+ years old and is in good working order). They were hesitant until it actually turned up to which they then contacted me to say "yeah...thats knackered....not a problem..." so it kinda feels like a new lid...
    Simpson.jpg
    Ironically ive recently deviated from Simpson (first time in 25 years) and bought a Shoei Xspirit 3 in Losail colours...i thought i could do with a decent spare as the Simpson refurb (as good as they were) took 3 months and ive gotta say between the 2 i prefer the simpson...not as noisy - internally its more plush, im used to a big chin guard as its an Indy car helmet so feel more "safe". In the Shoei's defence its still new and ive only worn it a handful of times...if i find a pic ill update in a bit...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information