1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Neotec Intercoms

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by broke, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Right then, can I have your advice and opinion's please.
    1. Which system is best.
    2. Can systems be mixed.
    3. Anybody use the Neotec fit one, if they do, what's the advantage if any.
    Thanks.

2. I'm using sena 10u in a Schuberth C3 Pro which connects really well to my mrs (pillion only) on a sena 3s, the range is limited by the 3s but adequate for pillion. The 10u will connect to other manufacturers, which is something the integrated schuberth one won't do! ( or didn't when I bought it last year) 10U range supposedly up to 1000m although I've never tried this

3. Myself and my touring buddy invested in a pair of 10Us last year, Initially I bought one thinking that we could use the universal intercom feature between mine and his old InterphoneF4. Whilst it did work it seemed to be to the exclusion of all other features, I was effectively locked into open comms with him, no switching between sources, was impractical to disconnect etc. On a previous tour a couple of years earlier I had bought a pair of cheap Chinese headsets that worked better. In fact for the money they were pretty good, although still somewhat flawed in terms of seamless connectivity.

Once he decided he wanted and then bought a 10U everything improved. They work really well as a pair and I would expect them to operate in the same fashion paired with other Sena headsets with similar spec. Range is good line of sight (I reckon it lives up to the claim of 1km line of sight) and switching between sat nav (me Garmin, he CoPilot on Android) and bike-to-bike is handled automatically. An issue with the headset locking up if you repeatably try to manually reconnect when out of range but we've learnt to not attempt that unless we have reasonably close (<500m) line of sight. It will usually do this automatically anyway so long as the range disconnect is brief. These lock-ups can only be resolved by resetting the headset with a pin in the rest hole. Happens to both headsets, though not at the same time. One locks up (the one that is attempting to manually reconnect) so this appears to be a software issue. I updated the firmware but this didn't solve it. Will try again soon in case they've done something since late last year.

I also ride with some guys who use PMR radios for bike-to-bike, the Autocom was great for this. So I also invested in one of Sena's SR10 units as well. This works well with my Puxing radio. Only downside compared to my previous Autocom set-up is the need to charge everything (headset, SR10 and radio) every night.

Overall I'm happy with the system. I added some padding behind the speakers to bring them closer to my ears in my Shoei GT Air, this significantly improves audio at higher speeds where wind noise will tend to dominate if there is a gap. Had to do the same with my old autocom and the Chinese headsets.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information