1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New 2017 Ducati Supersport!

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by El Toro, Jun 25, 2016.

1. You know its highly possible that they simply fitted an underbelly 'after market' exhaust to make it more visually appealing upon its unveiling.

More likely to launch as standard with something similar to the Euro4/5 monstrosities the 959 comes with and then they'll sell you an upgrade for £1500+

Im fairy sure if they could have continued with under belly and met euro 4, then they would have done with the 959 especially since it was the most talked about aspect of the bike, hence why its likely this time they decided to leave them off so it didn't detract from the 'Supersports' appeal.

2. Good thinking...that would be a real bummer. 14 grand then, for the bike I want.

3. Biggest thing for me would be whether they added any size to it.

I find the 899 too small, oddly the 1199 didn't feel like that but as they're meant to be identical I can't figure out why

4. It's side exit shot-gun style.
    I had a conversation with a Ducati employee who confirmed that there was no underslung exhaust when I asked about the fairing panel sizes (because they looked like huge single pieces that would be expensive to replace) and how fitting such a system would affect these. Basically they're not making one so any aftermarket system would need modification to the original panels.
    Don't forget that this bike will be Euro-4 compliant, just like the 959.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It felt as good, if not better than a Monster, in terms of being upright.
    It was almost like sitting on my Hypermotard but not as tall and not as wide... if that makes sense!
    My only recent comparison is with the Monster 1200R and it was nothing like that!

6. What do you reckon the seat height was @antonye ?

7. Seat height is higher than a Diavel, lower than a Hyper.
    I could get both feet flat on the ground (I'm 6' tall) without any problems.
    The tank and fairing cut-outs were perfect for my legs on the pegs and didn't feel too cramped... a bit like the old Supersport!!
    My mate who is slightly taller also had no problem, but I reckon anyone over 6'4" will struggle with the size.

Looking at the MCN pic of the exhaust they've made it a lot bigger than the version on the bike, but I think that was a dummy system as it was of smaller diameter and shorter (so less noticeable) and tucked away behind the passenger pegs which is why everyone is confused about what was actually on it.

8. And for a hobbit? :)

9. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Do you know if it will come with the software that you get on the Panigale that stops engine shudder on the way up and aggressive engine braking on the way down?

actually I am not sure if it stops the shudder on the way up? But it defo makes winding the throttle off nicer. Does it do both? I don't recall any clatter at low revs when i rode an 1199.

11. MCN have mocked up a pic with white frame/wheels. Old school SS colours. Nice. image.jpeg Basically a 939 monster with a fairing then, as I proposed in a thread on here last year except I was thinking 1198 lump.
    Good move from ducati, could well be my next bike.

12. I would take no notice of the price indications as no one knows where sterling will be in a years time.

13. I'm hearing that the new Supersport may be unveiled at Intermot now.
    I'm expecting it to switch with the smaller Multi which I see Asphalt & Rubber (who are normally quite reliable) have finally picked up on:
    A Baby Version of the Ducati Multistrada Cometh?
    (oh look, a dual-sided swingarm... ;))
    Also may need to revise my opinion on the big Scrambler as someone else has told me 1100 now, but it may just be a CC vs Name thing again...

14. Where is yellow?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. can we start a new fourm for this new bike? its not a 2v, aircooled, belt drive, supersport - these are the features we all have in common...

• Like Like x 1
  16. yea the bike looks okish and I'm sure its great to ride but my question is what is the point of it.
    we had the 899 which is a sublime bike with useable power , then the 1199 and 1299 with lets to be honest to much power for the road and the 959 .
    so why buy the supersport its not any more radical than the 899 / 959.

17. It's not supposed to be more radical; quite the opposite. Its aimed at people who want a road focused comfortable sports tourer sort of bike that can still go to the track now and again. The 899/959 are sublime, useable, etc but still very much focused sports bikes with the low bars and small unfriendly to pillions seat. I can see these doing well as I reckon there's a big market for a practical machine that still has that special Ducati premium feel about it.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. id love to test one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. You'd only bin the fecker :(

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information