1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 New Ducati 1299s Anniversario

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by mito22, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Thanks Phill,yes i have removed the covers on the 899 and 1299 just for the looks,i cannot comment about the 1299 as i have not used it with the covers removed but on the 899 i did not feel any difference worth mentioning.

2. Left mine @ dealers under a cover till the spring, makes sense has it's a lot warmer than my garage.

• Like Like x 2
  3. so you have to go to the dealers to master*@+e over it? thats redic!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. #646 Teebag, Dec 10, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. In good company

IMG_2234.PNG

6. New purchase
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  7. And a bit of bling image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Is that his leaving present??

9. We really are sad. I wasn't content with the normal Ducati Corse one. :Bag:

key.JPG

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Can't help feeling thats a big mistake by Ducati. I can see Iannone doing everything he can to put the Suzuki in front of Dovi and Co! Think he's got the talent to do it too. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I must be sad as i even got one for the spare key.Have you received your red card yet ?i thought it was a nice touch.

12. Completely agree :thumbsup:

13. Just got the normal Corse one for the spare. You're obviously a fanatic. lol No!, what red card? Damn you Ducati!! :Facepalm:

#656 ResB1299, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  14. So, looks like better weather is coming. 4½ months have passed since I took delivery of the bike and it has not moved out of the garage!

A few updates.
    • Bar ends never turned up, but not in the slightest bit bothered. :)
    • Engine casing. A new one arrived but it is as bad as the first. This is ongoing and the dealer is trying to get this one resolved. I'm almost tempted to leave it if any replacement is only slightly better. We'll see. Funny thing was the dealer said they've looked at them all in the showroom and they're all like that, expecting me I guess to accept it. Anyway, I said, have a look at my 1199S which you still have in your showroom and then make the same statement. So they went away and came back to me pretty quickly...."We'll get onto Ducati straight away!" lol :) They said do I want the one off my old bike put on the new one. Err, No.
    • I took the panels off to fix a new battery charger cable. This might be me being a bit anal, but when I removed the screws, the paint underneath had come off, most likely if they were off at PDI. Anyway, Warranty claim in and that has been accepted. They'll change them at first service at the end of April hopefully.
    Really happy with the dealer. They've been excellent. Well done SMC :upyeah:

15. ResB1299 .. coincident that I was speaking to the guy in Lincoln yesterday who does my custom paintwork for both and many others, Mark, he was saying that how crap the factory's paint quality is as a whole, very thin and poor.. he's constantly repainting them to a standard way and above, he does all Ducati Lincolns paint for them too and was telling me how he had to do some work on a Super L because the paint came away under the fasteners when they took the panels off.. it was quite an education just talking to him.. in fairness I guess Ducati's are just another production line like any other as such, but, when you buy any of the limited edition bikes etc and your paying big bucks I think you should expect the very best custom finished paint job tbf..

#658 Noods, Mar 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I didn't have the problem on either 1199 or 1299 I had. Odd really, but you're right, it's shouldn't happen.

17. New panels collected and on the bike. :) Cheers Damien at SMC :upyeah: All I need now is to get the clear film on and pronto as I have to do the first 600 miles before the end of April.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information