Featured New Owner Old Bike!

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by KSTAR, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Hi,

New on the forum but have been following a while. Dropped myself in the deep end with a 2005 999, picking it up next week locally to me after it's been MOT'd. It's a European import from circa 10+ years ago, last owner for 5 years but has done minimal mileage, overall fairly clean. It has Ohlins rear, single seat plus pillion and Termignoni pipes with belts recently done.... otherwise I know little else about the bike! Wish me luck

Screenshot_20231003-183424~2.png
    Screenshot_20231003-183408~2.png

• Like Like x 19
  2. Very nice and welcome into our mad house :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice and welcome. Any plans for the rim tape?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I bet it's a darn sight quicker than the Suzuki GT500 in the background...:)

Welcome aboard.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. No plans yet, very tempted to remove all the graphics kit but first of all get a proper look round and ride it. My first Ducati and always loved the 999.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Welcome to the forum

• Like Like x 1
  8. Welcome to the forum.:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lovely looking bike. 20 years ago I wouldn't have said that, perhaps due to the radical style. Ironically this style blends in perfectly today and I now find myself lusting for one. Enjoy the bike, its a beauty.

#9 V2FAN, Oct 5, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Nice one KSTAR, I know some still hate them with a passion lol but it seems a lot now like them,
    they seem to have come full circle.

I was one that certainly weren't keen on them when they were released but have owned one for
    nearly 12 years now and love it, enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  11. That's good to hear you've kept yours so long. I suppose it came at time where most manufacturers made fairly big design changes which tends to upset people a bit...either way I think they are a thing of beauty.

Looking forward to hopefully a bit more riding time available before winter in the UK to properly see what its like given its also my first Ducati. I currently have a 2020 MV Augusta Superveloce so I think it'll sit nicely alongside that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hi KSTAR :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Greetings!

I've never seen one with those decals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Got her back home yesterday afternoon, had to ride through rush hour but it was a beautiful day to be doing it. It behaved itself perfectly in all the traffic, noticed you get quite a bit of heat transfer on your left leg and gearing in first seems quite long but still fairly easy to ride.

I got a hint of what's to come, the noise and reverb you can hear building from the airbox sounds like nothing else so far but I've not yet had chance to wind it round yet and I have no reference for riding a Ducati. First thing was to adjust the shift lever, it was sitting way to high for me but should be much more comfortable now, not having to lift my foot to shift up! Looking forward to getting a few small jobs done over winter, hopefully a bit of riding time too. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 3
  15. Lovely bike. Welcome and enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The Italian beauties, go well together I think.
    IMG_20231012_164043661_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lovely.

I know the SV is essentially an F3, but what's it like.

I've got a thing for Black and Gold too!

18. The SuperVeloce is really nice to ride, very characterful engine, really howls with the pipes on and bit of a drama to ride like the Ducati. I think with the race pipes and ECU it bumps it up to around 150bhp, I've only had it a few months though so still getting to know it.

I agree black and gold is a winning combo, just sold this today IMG_20230408_162408333_HDR.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  19. Thank s for the mini review.

Shame I missed the CCM, I know someone who is looking for one!

• Like Like x 1
  20. They are beautiful machines, perfect B road hooligan, that was my second CCM.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information