1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured New Rider First Bike First Forum….

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Dannyduke, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Hey,
    New to this game but long time love for Ducati’s! Passed my test around a month ago at 43 and has always been something I wanted to achieve. Always wanted a 916 but as a first bike the insurance for myself was steep. Bought a 2002 748 instead as insurance was incredibly lower and affordable. Now saving for the 916 to join my new hobby and collection of Ducati. The love of these has been with me since I was a teenager in the 90s and listening to these machines flying past my house going to the local motorbike meet at the greyhound pub in wickhambrook suffolk. Never left me and now I own a small part of this. I was warned by a couple of motorbike enthusiasts work colleagues about these bikes and told numerous times not to buy Ducatis BUT of course it was falling on deaf ears and rightly so. They clearly have no taste! When I hit the start and them termi’s burble I care none what of other opinions! Thank you for letting me join in the group and hopefully read some helpful posts for future help. Cheers

IMG_0223.jpeg

• Like Like x 31
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Welcome to the forum Danny.:)

• Like Like x 1
  3. it's not my forum Danny, but reading your post above i think you should be welcome. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Excellent choice of (first) bike! Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Welcome to the forum....better get on ebay and start ordering stuff....ive no idea for what but im sure itll need something soon..! :)

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome, get yourself a Haynes Manual and start reading, keep going until it starts meaning something, then think about some tools.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Haynes manual in stock ✅
    Tools ✅
    Tea bags and kettle ✅

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Lovely bike. I have a lot of love for the 748. A great bike indeed. Enjoy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Welcome mate

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cool bike! Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  11. Cracking bike to start with. Welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Great start. Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Welcome and enjoy. Lovely bike!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Welcome, nice start to biking.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hi Danny, welcome, nice 1st bike, enjoy the forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. Welcome to the forum Danny, great to have you here

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you for the kind greetings!

18. Welcome

• Like Like x 1
  19. Welcome Danny. That’s some first bike mate!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Great intro
    Welcome into our mad house where you will be encouraged to lie and buy till your hearts contented :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information