1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New To Ducati Bought A 996

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Darkknight, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Just bought 996 Ducati and am currently stripping it down and rebuilding it something I do with all bikes I've had makes me trust them more it's had a clutch fitted recently but an appalliing job has been done and so I'm going to put it right need special tools for everything on ducat is though costing me afortune I hope it's worth it !

• Like Like x 1
  2. not many special tools needed unless your doing a full engine rebuild. Clutch tools can be purchased from machine mart for less than a tenner. Enjoy your tinkering.

3. Welcome from just over the hill in Bakewell. A lot of tools can be made or adapted after six years working on my 748 I haven't had to buy anything special.
    Steve

4. Thanks for the advice guys just ordered clutch found its the same as a gs 650 Suzuki now to get a clutch drum to make it a proper fix as the old unit is quite worn does anybody recommend a particular type ?

5. Hello from Chesterfield too

6. Both basket and drum can be worn and you have a choice of steel or aluminium for the basket, most go for the latter when it's time to replace.

7. Thanks Chris I need to save pennies now for extra parts
    I keep seeing references to a quiet clutch mod but when I click on a link it never shows up

8. A Google search will reveal that mod as it's not exclusive to this forum. It's a little crude but it works. It involves using a friction plate at the very back of the drum instead of the steel plate that would normally be there.

9. Hello and welcome :)

10. Hello and welcome in to the mad house

Are you red or dark :Smuggrin::Locktopic:

11. Welcome Dave :)

12. Whoah.. can you even say that anymore?? :Bookworm:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I can ;):D

14. Welcome from Rotherham.

15. I'm red

16. Yeahhhhhh :D

17. you need carbon and magnesium wheels on a 996 bud!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hello and welcome. Congrats on the bike.

19. Well ordered a new clutch basket and drum clutch plates going tondo the quiet clutch mods it's a gen2 996 so has light marchesini wheel as standard w
    Budget won't stretch to carbon wheels although they do look good pretty good info on here and helpful people

20. Just removed the tank and air box which is a carbon fibre item and found two outer fuel injectors disconnected is there a reason for this ? I think someone must have modified this at some point just want to now why and the benefits it would possibly bring to the bike or am I better putting it back to standard ? Any thoughts would be appreciated but sarcasm isn't lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information