1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 New Turn/brake Lights For 848/1x98

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by BKDUC, Sep 16, 2015.

1. I am more than ready for these little buggers;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Will do matey, best advert is at bike meets, people see it on a bike and want the same for theirs

3. If you guys can think of any questions i should add to my FAQ page on Brakers.com please let me know. I dont want there to be any questions when it comes to these lights :)

4. Heres one
    Are the led's replaceable? If one dies would you expect to buy a whole new unit?

5. Good Question, short answer is no.

The LEDs are surface mount, and the case of the lights will likely be permanently sealed.

All of the lights are going to be tested before packaging to ensure they all function correctly, and there is going to be a reasonable warranty for manufacturing defects such as a dead LED(s).

We are using very high quality components to ensure this is not a problem tho, these are not cheapo 5mm LEDs :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Quality is good .... gives good reputation then

7. @BKDUC Do you know it it is possible to the turn signals (in the vents only) somewhere? Thinking of running them in parallell to my integrated tail light.

8. I will have another harness available for purchase to make them 100% plug and play with aftermarket integrated tail lights. The harness that comes with the stock kit will not have plugs for an aftermarket tail light.

I am advocating the TST industries integrated tail light, they make a good product and my lights are going to pair awesome with them.

If you don't want to buy the harness, you can splice into the stock one that will come with the kit too just fine. Harness will be cheap tho :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I indeed would be very interested in these, was looking at getting the Oxford Galileo indicators as they are a similar shape to the vents and put them in but if I could have something designed to fit without the hassle of working out having to work out a way to mount the Oxford indicators all the better.

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. After doing a little research i think these MIGHT be legal in UK, or at least a grey area.

The lights are 8" (~20cm/~203mm) apart at their closest point, which i think is enough space between them for you guys.

Can anyone give me more info on this topic?

11. I know a couple of MOT testers, i will ask them and see what they say and let you know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. So,

In order to pass over here the indicator cannot be part of the brake light, unless when it stops flashing orange there is no light behind it, red or otherwise. Meaning your's, being totally separate and just being off when not flashing, are completely legal. He said there are no rules on the distance between.

He being the MOT tester i asked.

13. Meaning the Blaster is not legal over here.

14. Great news :) Thanks for confirming that!

15. No problem. Hopefully i am forgiven for the Bob incident ;)

16. There is a legal qualification on the distance for indicators but its not part of the MOT, the MOT only checks if they work and the flash rate I believe

Your chances of getting done for the spacing especially as these are worst border line and may well be Ok are IMHO miniscule

17. I had it in my mind that the MOT requirements for indicators were a minimum separation distance of 300mm for the front indicators and 240mm for the rear. That could be wrong or outdated though, I don't have a source for that just yet. I can't imagine it being enforced if the lights are out by just a few cm though.

Very interested in a set of these when they are released!

18. I now have a facebook page setup for the lights since many people use facebook: Brian Brakers | Facebook

If you could help spread the word that would rock. These would make great Xmas gifts too if you know anyone with a Duc 848/1x98 or even want them yourself.

Should be launching the crowdfunding campaign end of this month, just crunching some numbers and finishing up some final things:)

Cheers Brian

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nice but I could find a Like button.

20. So are these ready to purchase yet or are you still working on them?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information