Featured Norfolk Oldie Newbie

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Fenfast, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Hi All, Just a quick intro during my work lunch break! Just joined your group after an impulse purchase of an older 1993 888 Strada. My Last Ducati was a 900ss of the same year of which I have good memories :)
    It needs a little TLC as shortly after purchasing it started running on one cylinder, - all electrical connections look suspect and slightly oxidised, so will clean them up and use dielectric/silicon grease.
    Taking off the bodywork also revealed a crack in the belly pan area of the fairing lower, so a fibreglass patch on the inside is curing as I write this. I will 'invisibleise' this with a little rosso red :)
    A general service is also planed - replacing a front rocker cover gasket that has leaked oil onto the oil cooler.
    Whish me luck and see you out there!
    Despite all the above I'm pleased with the bike. Here are some pics Ducati7.jpg Ducati8.JPG

• Like Like x 16
  2. Welcome to the forum. Nice bike

3. That looks super clean!

Welcome :upyeah:

4. Yo! welcome in.

Ducbird will be pleased with the slightly ajar bin in the background... an action shot if you will.

5. Welcome to the forum.:)

6. I'm very pleased with both though the 888 has it over the bin this time :D

welcome into our mad house

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Welcome and enjoy. Nice!!

8. Greetings from another Norfolk 6toe:upyeah:

9. Very very nice. Congrats!

10. Welcome @Fenfast, nice looking bike :upyeah:
    I'm an ex Norfolk boy myself but have spent the last 33 years living here in South Australia.

11. A beauty for sure!
    Welcome to the forum.

12. Welcome to the 888 Club!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information