1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Has anyone installed one of these and does it make a lot of difference to the feel of the clutch lever?

2. yep easy as pie, if your using shorty levers you wont notice much difference IMO. If youre using normal or long levers it does make a difference.

Just follow the destructions that come with it and bleed the clutch properly and youll be good to go.. an hour at absolute most to do.

3. I got the Avanti version, which is a bit cheaper and it did indeed feel significantly lighter after fitting.

I run standard levers.

Mine may be for sale.

4. Why selling?

Never heard of an 1100 Evo SS, that sounds rare.

5. I have broken the bike, all the parts are for sale. The motor was transplanted from a Monster

6. I have the Oberon, really light clutch, great quality piece of kit

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I`ve had one of these for a few years and to be honest I can`t tell the difference from the standard unit. I fitted it as I was getting wrist pains after an hour or two`s riding. At least with the Oberon its available in blue, gold, red etc looks better and so helps improve the bling rating. I`d also go with stubby dog leg levers to improve the clutch action.

8. Changed my crudded up original for the later 'star' covered slave from a monster. You can see that the main body was redesigned to protect the piston and seal from chain-crud. The original looks like it was designed to fail or done by separate committees who never spoke! Added 10mm operating rod extension and it now works smooth and light. The slave was £45 from a breakers.

9. The later ones were much better

Do Not Sell My Personal Information