1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Omg! First Ride..new Bike..what A Tease !!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Kel, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Well she's here...picked her up Saturday from Manchester and have just done over 100 frustrated miles.... she's such a tease! I can hardly believe I'm riding sensible and keeping it to around 5000rpm when all she seems to want to do is go go go ! It's like having the devil on your shoulder saying ..go on do it ! 500 miles to go then another 1000 ? I don't think I can contain myself for that long!
    Compared to my skyhook 63 plate multi she feels a lot more agile, lighter, smoother as we've all said, sits lower me lower for me, feet flat to the floor as apposed to the balls of my feet previously. Hardened up the suspension a tad when I got back home as when I took off from Manchester felt very soft (default I assume) and did another 30 which felt better. The sound is so much better too... the carb gives a roar from low revs that reminds me of the Amal Carbs that I fitted to Lambretta's many years ago (sorry chaps)
    Dash is just great...but I thought there would be a bit more colour...though the screen can scratch easy so be careful what you use to wipe it with, the multi media display a real bonus though would have preferred a usb port up top as apposed to the din socket supplied ( afternoon job booked) but there getting there ...be built in sat nav next.
    No real issues so far....touch the timber...but its early days...if she's anything like my previous, something's bound to turn up :Facepalm:. Seem to be catching the full beam switch inadvertently.:Meh:
    Wow what a bike though :upyeah: love it...just love it.. fork reflectors got to go though...maybe I'll do that this afternoon.....fishing line wasn't it? and some WD? jobs a good un......
    Oh and for those who haven't seen the new dvt yet here's a couple of photo's ......:Yawn:

DSC_0297.JPG

DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0293.JPG

• Like Like x 11
  2. Nice one Dave :upyeah:

3. Looks good :)

4. Mmmmm shiny

• Like Like x 1
  5. Touring pack? I went urban as it has a built in usb charger in the tank bag

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Has anyone gone the full whack and bought the touring, urban and sports pack?

7. I'd be tempted to go for the three so I'm done in one go.

The missus has a nose like a fecking bloodhound when it comes to me buying bits for the bike. She spotted a set of Gilles rear sets on one bike. WTF!?

Reckon I could get away with the old "it's all standard dearest" ploy though. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Nice pics, i found accidental flicking full beam at first, but somehow you get used to where the switch is and its not an issue for me anymore.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. How come everyone has a garage the size of my house?

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. I have a garage the size of your shed if it makes you feel better :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nice Garage ! ....The bike is nice too

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. @Kel bud how tall are you , when u say you can flat foot it ?

13. Hi

I have all packs, and next week i will be getting the full termignoni fitted and i did also order all carbon parts what was available from Ducati :)

14. 5' 4" ....I meant when I get off! :Facepalm: Nah bout 175cm what's that bout 5' 8"/9 ? You can raise the seat 2cm I think not sure if that is gunna make a big difference to someone or not..... I'm ok with the way it is :Cigar:

15. wooooooohhhh and when did you win the lottery?? Some of us have to work for it on er :Grumpy:

16. @Kel PM me please am in Shropshire

17. Got all four packs on mine and the dealer was so kind to replace that ridiculously small tank bag with a proper one of 20l size and the USB fitted in it as well. I skipped from the Enduro pack the engine protector as I think it's useless extra weight and the footpegs as I have no use for such things.
    But dude how did you manage to get the color of the panniers in red? Mine came in silver which I consider a bug now after I saw your red ones :Hungry:

18. They come colour matched as standered now arihess.

19. Great looking bike though, enjoy the rides! :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information