1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painted Subframe ...

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Packman, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Ive just removed the tank on my 2010 Hyper 1100 so i can fit a Course Dynamics air filter kit ...

CORSE DYNAMICS High Performance Two Valve Ducati Intake Kit

While its in bits im thinking of getting the subframe painted the same color as the frame .... so to cut a long story short has anyone done this and would you have any pics ?

2. I had my subframe painted the same as the frame on my Hyper nearly seven years ago - still looks as new unlike a lot of the rest the bike.

Hyper May 15.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. I've done it myself , bought aerosol for £10 , in my own opinion looks sweet

4. Well the subframe is off and I've started to put on the air filter kit. You can see were you gain the power as the hole in the airbox is smaller than a matchbox. Will drop the subframe off for paint so when thats back on I can start putting the MIVV system on. I need to get a mid pipe made as when I got the s/h system it was advertised as for my bike but when I got round to fitting it some 6 mths later it apears it's not quite right plus the mid pipe was missing. Tried to trace the buyer he had vanished.

20170211_133829.jpg

20170211_142247.jpg

5. Looks like mine although I never got that funky frame to hold the coil.... Was there one for the front..?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

6. Comfysofa does the kit make much difference ... it must in hail 100% more air ... and no bracket for the front but there will be ...

7. Yes i did think about a aerosol but sod it one of my side panels is scratched as well so there being done as well ..

8. Yep - youll absolutely need to get it on the dyno - i ran mine for about 6 months without putting it back on the dyno and the difference once done was amazing (fitting the pods threw the balance out on the throttle bodies - alot!). Youll notice more torque down the bottom end and the noise...oh, the noise....! :)

I did post the results on my fettling thread....about 6bhp more throughout the entire range...

9. Ok cool ... got a full MIVV going on as well dyno chap recons mid 90's ...

10. Here's mine...
    ANDY 2.JPG

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

11. Yea mines 84 hp and 70ft ATM but thats stocks and running very very lean ... whats the mods on yours ?

12. From and engine point of view not that much. Full system and air filters. Shows how they go when they can breath properly.

13. Yep should make a factory wheelie machine a total hoot ... cant wait !

14. Yeah... Just did that on the way home from work! [emoji1]

15. Is your gearing stock ? ? im 1 down on the front so roll on 3rd gear wheelies are great then upto 4th is a real hoot, there licence loosers for sure lol

#15 Packman, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  16. Up 1 tooth on the front (previous owner did that) I'll probably go back to stock when it needs replacing...

17. Well here is the subframe very pleased with it. Next is the MIVV downpipes and off to a friend to make up a link pipe with a better radius to it .... 20170302_193503.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. Well after being stitched up on ebay with a MIVV system with a missing link pipe and the system was not a 100% fit to my bike it's now sorted. Took my bike over to John Deeley @ Wolfeys Workshop just outside Brackley to work his magic. He has altered the pipe on the rear cylinder also altered the collector re positioned the Lambda boss and made a bracket to mount the pipe. Its turned put great it looks factory the welds are the dogs bollocks and he has also re positioned the spring clamp tags.
    Now just got to re fit everything and get it back on the dyno.
    So yes if u want a bispoke exhaust or manifold or complete system John is the man.... owe yes he use to build all the exhaust systems for Prodrive rally programs. 20170331_135257.jpg r 20170331_135317.jpg 20170331_135327.jpg

#18 Packman, Mar 31, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information