1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panigale Destructions

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by EAB, Aug 23, 2016.

1. I like it in the image above, so yes, thumbs up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Your definition of "ruined" is obviously different to mine. :p

I now have a Panigale that revs harder and faster and is more responsive than a stock bike thanks to the Ducati performance mods. It's also ~12kgs lighter thanks to my engineering so it accelerates harder, brakes better, corners better and is easier to flick from corner to corner.

As for doing this to a scrambler... whats the point when it doesn't meet what i want in a bike?

Mostly madness, and a desire to have the bike that i want

The pipes are louder than the Termi's or Akras, but nowhere near the AR racing pipes. if stock's 1, termis are a 3 and AR racing is 10, they're about 6

• Like Like x 2
  3. Crazy ass build, love it. If I'm being critical I'd say the tail looks odd, perhaps because of the lower line bulging down? beautiful bit of welding though. Would be hilarious taking it to a trackday. Also I wouldn't mind seeing it with a single sided swingarm like on the big bikes; photoshop anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  4. That's Fair enough EAB - probably the wrong choice of word so I apologise on that front....if its what you want then that's really all that matters - as for the performance side I think that could be gained to a certain extent no matter what....yes yours is lighter but, you've lost a fair bit of the aerodynamics so what youll forge in low speed youll probably loose in the upper end.

Definitely a split camp at the moment but not in a bad way - no one is questioning your skills no matter what they think. I only wish I had the space and more importantly the knowledge!!

5. You're right about the Aero, intent is to gear it down a little to take more advantage of what I have done.

The "private" roads around here aren't really friendly for much over 250kph anyway

• Like Like x 1
  6. A distressed, patinated look is rather attractive when it has been achieved genuinely over the years. But artificially fabricating fake patina on a new bike: sorry, but I don't think so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I don't necessarily like the final bike but thank fuck for you for doing it.

I'm all for doing something novel so please do post another thread if you do another Ducati project bike.

8. Agreed - it may not be my cup of tea but a thread with a load of pics, stuff being built and created and some good lateral thinking will keep me coming back!

#89 comfysofa, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Epic skills - terrible bike. I don't see the idea behind that "design".

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. It's extraordinary and completely bonkers.

I think I like it. But I'm not sure... :) Certainly admire your bravery, imagination and skills.

Girlie question: what do you wear with that...? Not race-rep one piece leathers I presume? :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hazarding a guess ... distressed brown leathers with fringes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. really enjoyed this build and reading all the comments along the way.
    Hope you do another one and share that too.
    Wish I had the skills, money and bottle to do what you have done.

13. Yeah, and an open face helmet so it doesn't mess with my waxed mustache....[emoji12]

But not a race rep onsie either

It's a bad photo but you get the idea...
    Berik jacket, Fox v3 helmet, and depending on where I'm going, Kevlar jeans or leather
    [​IMG]

14. Is that rain I see?
    Gotta love the Melbourne climate!

15. Yep, My dash was showing 4 degrees at the time, 10 minutes earlier the sun was out...classic Melbourne

• Like Like x 1
  16. He took his brand new Pani out in the rain :Wideyed: it might get water droplets staining it :Nailbiting:

:D

17. And it didn't short out or catch on fire! Win!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Now this might be a bit out there, but why didn't you do anything to the swing arm? It looks out of place on the rest of the bike oddly..(well to me)

19. That's part of stage 2

Polished/buffed swingarm
    New aluminium tank (bigger capacity)
    Maybe a full fairing

Right now I just want to ride the thing

Do Not Sell My Personal Information