1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Panigale Ventureshield Kits

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob, Mar 30, 2015.

1. For specific areas you can just go for a sheet of the film and fit to areas you need, rather than purchasing a whole kit.

2. Yes they do, which isn't the RRP actually. We will look into this to see if we can match it, but they actually charge more for postage than us and with our April discount we are a few ££ cheaper than the total costs when comparing :) Just to clear that up a little

3. What is the cost of fitting the tank kit?

4. Had this stuff stuck to my 1199 from new. Bit pricey and was a sod to polish because it left a white line around the edges that took a fair bit off faffing to get rid of..... but who am I kidding, I hardly ever polished the thing. Being an old and stupid git, possessed of a bike far beyond my ability to operate properly, I toppled over at about 2mph and scratched the whole of one side's paintwork. The sticky stuff did it's best to keep the worst of the gravel-rash away, but I still had to get it all painted up again (tricolore is obviously three times more hassle than unocolore, a fact reflected in the price !).... I am currently saving my pennies to pay the nice man at Ducati Coventry. He is a perfectionist, has made my bike look as good as new again, has stored it for months and is being very patient, so I am selling some of my toys to pay the bill..... anyone into gas-turbine cars, Rover P6 project in particular ? :)

5. Have to say it was much better coverage on my 899. On the 1299 its like they've only covered susceptible parts whereas the 899 it was more fully done.

6. Ladies & gents. I'm fitting a kit to my panigale and I'm stumped at the orientation of the tank sides as they look equally odd either way according to my fitting attempts. Is it supposed to go on in this orientation? Thanks.

image.jpg

7. Can you remove scuff marks from the film?

8. Can't say that the film on mine has scuffed in over a year.

9. The one I'm getting has

10. Wonder what the rest of the bike is like then ;)

11. What's that meant to mean?
    Your smart arse remarks are not helpful shall I tell one of your Scotland mate I'm pull out of the sale cos your slagging of his bike?

#32 Richie Rich, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. can you get protection for the underside of the seat unit, its the two areas directly above the back wheel, they seem to be missing from the kit.

13. Make one yourself you can get the film on eBay

14. You really are prickly aren't you? I would estimate that 80% of all your postings are either negative or derogatory. You need to lighten up.

15. Patronising unhelpful replies and smiley faces I can do without,
    So can scuffs be taken out of the film?

16. [emoji8]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. NO

18. No. Put new film on. Or buy a brand new bike. Helpful enough? :)

19. Yo Guys.
    Me and 'Shakey's dad' are having our 1199s done tomorrow.
    We've both had re-spays done, so want to protect them.
    My Chaz Davies rep paint job was Knackered after just a year. So many stone chips.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information